This week the topic is:
Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of
1. Island Towns- I really liked Burn for Burn and I think the whole island setting really made me like it even more. Other islandy books: Unraveling Isobel, Shadowlands, Teeth
2. London- LOVED the setting in Meant to Be and after the Olympics this summer I just want more London!
3. Paris- If it's done like Anna and the French Kiss, I want more of it. I don't want crazy over-the-top two page long descriptions, I want Anna and the French Kiss Paris please.
4. NYC- I love New York books because I could never live there, but I still like hearing about it! I didn't like Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, but I loved the NYC aspect of it.
5. Pittsburgh- Da! It's where I live, so of course I love books that feature the Burgh! Examples- Perks of Being a Wallflower, Don't You Wish.
6. Roadtrips- LOVE LOVE LOVE fun roadtrip books. Or even non-fun ones when they are done right! Wherever Nina Lies, How to be Bad
7. College- I'm really happy the whole New Adult genre is catching on because a lot of these books feature peeps in college! Before it just felt like books went from high school girls straight to chick-lit working girls.
8. Boarding Schools- Like The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks & Harry Potter
9. The 80's & 90's- Love throwbacks to the days before cell phones and social media! Not to mention the FASHION was awesome!!
10. THESE ARE SETTINGS I'M OVER: Beach, Dystopian America/Europe.
Beach because authors get all caught up in describing the sunsets and I get bored.
Dystopian America... well obviously it's completely overdone.
What settings do you wish you had more of??