Top Ten Character Names
I think I'm sort of picky about names... but usually I can get used to a name once I've been reading the book for a while. Super weird names are definitely one of my pet peeves. I just don't like it when everyone's name is super crazy weird. Also the sound of some weird names instantly turn me off. Here is a list of names I thought really worked in books... and some not so much.
1. Jasper AKA "Jazz" from I Hunt Killers- I just thought this was a cool name for a dude... and super memorable.
2. Rory Miller from Shadowlands- Love the name Rory... for a boy or girl :)
3. Alaska Young from Looking for Alaska- I mean she named herself, how cool is that?? I just think it's a cool sounding name and one-of-a-kind!
4. Mara Dyer from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer- I thought her name really went with the creepiness in the book.
5. Echo Emerson fromPushing the Limits- Super memorable name. Plus it sounds good with Noah.
6. Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door- At first I didn't like this name at all. I mean could I really picture a hot guy being named Cricket... it reminded me too much of Jiminy. BUT it grew on me somehow. And now I can't imagine him being named anything else!
7. Hadley & Oliver from Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight- Cool names. Hadley is unique but not wierd and Oliver is PERFECT for a British hottie!
8. Sloane Price from This is Not a Test- Courtney Summers always comes up with cool names... and this is my fav.
9. Alona Dare from The Ghost and the Goth- I think it's the perfect name for a mean girl.
10. Hazel Grace from TFIOS- I love how her name is so my grandparents era of name. Old souled.
Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty series- I haven't read this series... but IDK if I can with a M/C with the name Belly. Terrible.
Nan (the BFF) from My Life Next Door- I don't like it.
Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss- I loved this book... and I don't mind the St. Clair part. But when Anna goes all Etienne all of a sudden I just couldn't like it.
Norrie and Sassy and Takey from Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters- I think the names were supposed to be family names since the Sullivan family has a long history... but no I don't like em.
Rogerson from Dreamland- Definitely sounds like a rapist.
Remy from This Lullaby- I like most of Sarah Dessen's off-the-wall names... but Remy reminds me of the name of a vaccuum or coffeemaker or something.
Katniss & Peeta- Just don't like these names. Peeta reminds me either of pita bread or the PETA organization. Katniss just confuses me.
America Singer fromThe Selection- I haven't read this one either, but I read on a review that this girl is a singer who lives in what used to be America. Really creative there.
Ponyboy & Sodapop from The Outsiders- Don't understand the significance of the odd names in this book. Maybe I'm missing something?!?
So I gave you guys a lot more than 10 this week... but there's a lot of good (and bad) names out there! I'm excited to see which names you thought were cool! Leave me your link and I'll check them out :)