Top Ten Characters That I Don't Understand
These characters may come from books that I loved, but that doesn't mean I understood why these characters are the way they are. Basically these are the characters I didn't really "get".
1. Callie from Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller- She went around sleeping with guy after guy and she never actually had that moment where she realized that wasn't the way to go about things. And she constantly lied and also never changed that either.
2. Mara Dyer from The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- Ughhh is this girl crazy?? After this second book, I'm starting to think the whole thing is one big hallucination.
3. Parker Fadley from Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers- I loved this book hardcore. But Parker is a hard character to get. She goes from All-American to downright depressed and mean. Sometimes she was a little too harsh for my tastes.
4. Bev from The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour- She totally dicked over her best friend for no good reason. I get that she didn't want to go through with the plan, but she didn't have to leave Colby hanging like that. I pretty much hated her for 80% of the book.
5. Van Houten from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- He's mean to kids. Kids with cancer. WTF?
6. Jessica Darling in Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty- I loved the first 2 books, but by this 4th book I totally did NOT understand Jessica. She was so damn judgmental. Everyone is beneath her. I didn't get it.
7. Frankie Perino from Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler- Her brother died and I totally felt bad for her... but she had no right to treat Anna like she did. She needed punched.
8. Becca from Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfeld- Becca was like ENTRANCED that a stranger was murdered in the outskirts of her town. It was weird.
9. Sasha from I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin- Sasha is Nick's girlfriend who turned out to be a robot. Ok not really, but she showed zero feelings about the situation they were in. She was lucky to have a guy like Nick try to help and support her, and she completely shut him out.
10. Stargirl from Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli- Her weirdness was too exaggerated. I can totally get behind someone who wants to fly their freak flag and dance to the beat of their own drummer... but Stargirl was just weird to be weird. She had no reasons for doing the silly things she did and it annoyed me a little. I love the message of being yourself, but I don't think anyone's self includes wearing a flowerpot on your head (or whatever crazy stuff that girl did).
So there's my list! I can't wait to see what kind of characters you all put on your lists!! Leave me links :)