Top Ten Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me
Usually you just get 3 wishes right?? How cool is the Book Genie for giving me 10??
- Can you force J.K. Rowling to write more Harry Potter (and get rid of/rewrite that epilogue). Maybe a Marauder's prequel???
- Can I please meet Courtney Summers?? Please, please, please? (oh, and also maybe not be embarrassing and awkward when I do it? Yeah that might be asking too much.)
- After meeting Gayle Forman and Maggie Stiefvater, I realized we need to be BFFs. They are 2 of the coolest people EVER.
- I would really like to read faster. Because reading faster = more books per year read.
- I need 1 book/year from: Jandy Nelson, Nina LaCour, Courtney Summers, and Lauren Strasnick. The reason I say these people is that I LOVE their work, but they make me waittttt way too long.
- I really don't want The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer to end with Winter. I want more backstories, more fairy tales woven in, more EVERYTHING.
- This might be my most selfish wish. I don't want to stifle anyone's creativity and I want everyone to write what they are inspired to write... at the same time, I would really like it if Sarah Mlynowski, E. Lockhart, Laurie Halse Anderson, and Lauren Oliver would only write YA. You see, they write a lot of MG and that makes me have to wait longer for the new YA stuff :(
- I wish that my list from last week would come true. Dream collaborations that I would die to read from people like: Huntley Fitzpatrick & Sarah Ockler, Michelle Hodkin & Nova Ren Suma, etc.
- I would really like to be able to remember more about all the books I read. I try to keep track of plots in a notebook, but there are all sorts of little details (and character's names) that escape me.
- I want to be able to buy all the books and bookish things I like. So many cool editions of books I want, so many book related items I'm pining for.
What did you ask your bookish genie for?