Top Twelve Best Books I Read In 2015 (So Far)
-2015 wasn't my best reading year. I haven't read as many books as I've wanted, but I have read some books that are sure to become favorites forever. Here's my best:
1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- One of my most thankful moments in 2015 is the discovery of Lauren Oliver for me. This book was a ME book if there ever was one. And I ended up reading a few more books by Ms. Oliver & really really liked them as well. Definitely a new Auto-Buy Author for my list :)
2. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- One of the top 3 funniest books I've ever read. I loved how this author wrote a book about cancer and managed to make it hilarious as well as tasteful.
3. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu- I could not put this book down!! It was SO good. I love books about mean girls and issues, so this was perfect to pull me out of a reading slump.
4. The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater- Maggie writes so freaking beautifully, it blows my mind. I love that she made me fall in love with this magical world and a group of 5 friends who I'll never forget.
5. The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma- Gah!! So good!! And left me wondering a lot... but I liked that!
6. Those Girls by Lauren Saft- More mean girls!! I read this at the beach and was OBSESSED with it. Can't wait for more from this author!
7. Stand-Off (Winger #2) by Andrew Smith- This book had me at The Abernathy. It was different from Winger in a lot of ways, but Ryan Dean was still totally Ryan Dean. I was so happy this lived up to the giant expectations that Winger gave me.
8. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson- Mind = Blown. How?? Seriously, HOW can someone write like this?? This is definitely up there in the top YA books I've EVER read. Everyone read it!!
9. Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding- I will always love an adorably cute book that makes me smile like a fool while reading it. I was so happy to find this because this type of book is needed in my life.
10. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- Mindfucked!! I was totally blown away by the messed-upness of this author's brain.
11. All the Rage by Courtney Summers- A really powerful book written by one of my favorite authors ever. I will read every book Courtney Summers writes forever ever.
12. Fairest (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer- This might be my favorite Lunar Chronicles book. I really enjoyed seeing the history of Luna and what makes Levana tick.
That's my favorites for this year!! What did you LOVE in 2015??