Inspired by THIS post at Paperfury.com, I decided I'm going to start sharing things in the book blogging community. Maybe it'll be some awesome post or new feature a blogger has put together, maybe it'll be a blog that I want to share with you all. All I know is I want this community to be a better, nicer, happier, more helpful place, and I'm going to do my part to spread the LOVE.
I haven't done this in a while, so I thought I would do a new spin on it. Everything I'm sharing today is BRAND NEW to me! I purposely went looking for new-to-me blogs and I'm so happy I did!! I love the blogs I've been following... but also, it's been a while since I've added new peeps to my blogroll. So here's what I've discovered recently:
1. Nefarious Tales by Chasing Faerytales
- Mishma over at Chasing Faerytales has been hosting a blog event celebrating villains this week. I've never visited her blog before... and you guys, it's SO cute!! Also, I love this idea she had & SO many bloggers signed up to do related posts. I love when a bunch of people get involved to do a feature together :) There are all sorts of topics being discussed-- from Why We Need Villains to The Backstories of the Disney Villains to Bloggers' Fave Villains. Go over and check out all the villain-awesomeness. (I think my fave villain right now is Levana... she's SO bad that it's good!!)
2. The Hardcover Lover
- So, Erin is a fellow Pittsburgh-er and I've talked to her on Twitter quite a bit... but I've never visited her blog. I mean, WHAT?? I didn't mean to NOT visit it, I just overlooked it somehow. Well, I'm following now because it's a follow-worthy blog :) I love her Soundtrack Saturday-- she creates Playlists to go along with books she's been reading. I would totally join-in except people would probably get sick of seeing 90's and early 2000 jams. Anyhow, I totally recommend visiting The Hardcover Lover!!
3. Loony Literate
- This blog is run by a girl named Emily from Australia. I just wandered on to her blog recently and decided I loved it. What I love most is that she blogs about all kinds of different things-- yes, book reviews and discussion posts-- but also SO many original things. How-to's, stuff about writing and her time in school, and tons of blogging advice. I think Loony Literate will be one of my new faves.
4. Young Adult At Heart
- Another Aussie blog that I've just found. Young Adult At Heart is run by 2 girls who blog about books I love... and let's face it--- they're doing a Goosebumps series read and I'm all
5. YA Reads hosts 2016 Debut Authors Bash
- This is another blog that I had never visited, but when I saw on Twitter that there were sign-ups for a Debut Author thing, I decided to check it out. I know Debut Author stuff is a bandwagon that people have been jumping on... but TBH I had no idea that was a thing. Sure, I've seen debut stuff around, but I didn't realize that it was supposed to be "cool" or anything. I just personally like debut books. To me, they feel almost limitless because I don't have expectations. Also, I LOVE finding new auto-buy authors from their first book... it makes me feel like I've really discovered something!! So yeah-- I don't care if it's cool or not cool... I like the debut books!! Anyhow, the event. It is blogs who sign up will get paired w/ an author and they will do a post with them. So go on over and sign up :)
So this was me finding new blogs to visit. I hope maybe I've exposed you to someone new too!! I had so much fun going on a new-to-me blog hunt, that I'm going to make it a "thing" that I do more often.
On another note, who is going to BEA?? Let me know in the comments if I might have the pleasure of seeing your lovely face :)