Top Ten Books I Like More Than I Thought I Would
1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer- It's not that I didn't expect to like this-- but I was wary because HYPE!! And because I loved her previous series so hard. Then I read Heartless and loved it just as much :)
2. Those Girls by Lauren Saft- I had seen a lot of negative reviews for this book, so I was kind of expecting it to be MEH. The thing is, I really really really liked it.
3. Me & Earl & the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- I was expecting this to be sad, but it was FUNNY. I also hadn't heard that much about it, so I didn't think it would become a favorite, but it IS one of my favorites now.
4. Read Between the Lines by Jo Knowles- I had mediocre experiences with 2 of this author's other books, so I didn't have big hopes for this. I was so happy I decided to stick with her though because I did really like this book.
5. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson- I liked The Sky is Everywhere, but it didn't make a HUGE impression on me. I definitely was not expecting what I got with IGYTS-- definitely not.
6. The Diviners by Libba Bray- I don't read a lot of historical fiction, so when this came up as a book club book, I didn't know if I would be into it or not. I LOVED IT!!
7. Cinder (#1) by Marissa Meyer- HYPE!!! Plus a cyborg?? I didn't think it would be my cup of tea at all!! It was so good!
8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- I didn't read this until 2 years ago because until then I was SO sick of hearing about it. Finally when the hype died down, I decided, why not?? But I still wasn't expecting to like it because if everyone else likes it-- I usually don't.
9. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas- Okay, so I LOVE a good mystery, but at the time I read this I was having a hard time finding ones that were A+. I wasn't expecting much from this--- and then !!!!!! It was so great, and I'm still trying to find something to equal it in the YA Mystery category.
10. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight- This is categorized as Adult, and since I really don't read a ton of Adult, I just didn't know if it would work for me or not. It read very much like YA (thanks to a partial YA character narrator), and it definitely did work for me.
What books did you like more or less than you thought you would??