Top Ten Books That I Wish Had More Kissing
- I almost hate to write this post because I'm usually complaining that I want LESS romance in YA. It's just one of my pet peeves when a book about a serious topic or a cool adventure has to force that romance in to SELL. BUT-- on the other hand, I'd be lying if I said there weren't a few books that I'd like the romance kicked up a notch. Because I do like to swoon sometimes (just not all the time).
1. It's Not Me, It's You by Stephanie Kate Strohm- This is a cute, romancey book about relationships, so I wanted more of the kissing and the swooning.
2. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco- Can Audrey Rose and Thomas just get it on already?
3. The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics- I thought this was a cool horror book-- not that I'm a horror expert or anything-- but I thought that maybe if a relationship was introduced, it could have made the book stronger??
4. Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick- I wish Nanette and Alex would have kept progressing in their relationship because Nanette post-Alex was tough to take.
5. Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul- I kind of love books about unhealthy friendships-- but I also really liked Hudson. Couldn't we have had both?
6. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger- I hate to ask for anything more of this because I really like the book-- but I felt like there could have been something romantic going on with Sophronia and Soap.
7. The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy- There is a cute start of a romance in this book, but I loved the boy in it so much that I wanted MORE!!
8. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma- I like interesting books like this, but man, Chloe needed to have a romance BADLY.
9. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling- I wish there was more kissing among couples of MY CHOOSING. And less angsty, yuck relationships.
10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- Kent :( Always want more kissing with Kent.
What did you want more or less of this week?