Top Ten Authors I Have Yet To Meet
- I've been lucky enough to meet some of my all-time favorite authors-- Maggie Stiefvater, Jandy Nelson, Sara Shepard, Marissa Meyer, Sarah Dessen, Lauren Oliver, Jenny Han, A.S. King, Gayle Forman, Adele Griffin, E. Lockhart, Sarah Mylnowski, Megan McCafferty, Rainbow Rowell, Libba Bray, Katie McGarry, Stacey Kade-- and the BEST ONE OF ALL: R.L. Stine!
- BUT that doesn't mean that I'm satisfied! Oh no! I have so many more I want to meet-- here is a list of 10 that was REALLY hard to make because I have SO many on my SOMEDAY list.
- Author of: All the Rage, Cracked Up to Be, This is Not a Test, Some Girls Are
- This is on my LIFE BUCKET LIST, not just my bookish one. I will meet my #1 fave author someday!! I will make this happen!
- Author of: The Hate List, Bitter End, A Thousand Words, Torn Away
- I've loved every book I've read from her & definitely want to tell her that.
- Author of: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, The Haters
- Pittsburgh native who features Pittsburgh as the setting of his books??? Umm, yeah.
4. Nina LaCour
- Author of: Hold Still, The Disenchantments, Everything Leads to You, We Are Okay
- Been wanting to meet her since BEFORE I blogged. Her books are beautiful and I need to meet the mind behind them.
- Author of: Speak, Wintergirls, Twisted, Catalyst
- I love all her books, but I read Speak wayyyy back in the day and it's what got me into YA, so yeah....
- Author of: Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock, The Silver Linings Playbook, Every Exquisite Thing
- He was at ALA in Atlanta when I was there and I missed out on meeting him and/or seeing him talk because I didn't stay until Monday :( Someday hopefully it will happen.
7. Jay Asher
- Author of: 13 Reasons Why, The Future of Us, What Light
- I was bummed that he didn't go to BEA last year to sign What Light. But I was happy just to get a copy of it, so I got over it. I would like to meet him someday though.
- Author of: Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Isla and the Happily Ever After
- Man, I really miss this author's writing. I CANNOT WAIT to read her YA Horror coming in September. There's Someone Inside Your House sounds like everything I LOVE about slasher movies, so I'll be all over that. And I really really hope she tours for that book-- and that she comes somewhere that I can go!
- Author of: The Creeping, The Telling
- This is a NEW favorite author-- because I just discovered her last summer-- but I want to meet her as bad as some of these authors that I've loved for years. I completely love her books and can't wait for more.
10. Lauren Strasnick
- Author of: Nothing Like You, Then You Were Gone
- I'm SO excited to read her new book, 16 Ways to Break a Heart-- SO EXCITED. But I would also be really excited if I got to meet her. It's kind of fun when you're in love with authors that aren't being fangirled over. It feels like an awesome secret club.
- Author of: My Life Next Door, The Boy Most Likely To, What I Thought Was True
- Oh yes, this will happen!! I will make this happen. (in a normal book fan non-stalkerly way, I promise).
Honorable Mentions: Sarah Ockler, Kim Savage, Robin Roe, Mindy McGinnis, Kat Spears, Sarah Combs. Jo Knowles. Eileen Cook. Annabel Pitcher. Nova Ren Suma. Jennifer Mathieu. Stephanie Kuehn, Barry Lyga, John Green (yeah right!!).
What authors are on your MUST MEET LISTS?? Or what authors are you stoked that you actually met?