Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016
- I didn't read a lot of new-to-me authors this year. Weird. I did read a lot of debut authors' books and those are new to everyone, but I decided to include my 3 of my favorite ones to fill the list :)
1. Alexandra Sirowy- I read The Creeping and The Telling this year and they become instant favorites. I'm definitely putting Alexandra Sirowy on my Auto-Buy List.
2. Emma Mills- This Adventure Ends was SO cute. So, so, so cute!! I wasn't dying to read it, so it caught me off-guard-- and I love when books do that. I'm definitely going to read First & Then soon!
3. Mindy McGinnis- The Female of the Species HURT MY HEART. It also made me very intrigued to read more by Mindy McGinnis.
4. Tara Altebrando- The Leaving wasn't my fave of the year, but it was weirdly addicting. I've been meaning to read Tara Altebrando ever since she collaborated with Sara Zarr, but I hadn't until this book. I'm definitely putting her 2017 book The Possible on my MUST LIST for next year.
5. Louise O'Neill- Asking For It may be one of the most powerful books I've ever read. It completely blew me away. Only Ever Yours is now a top priority.
6. Amy Lukavics- I don't read a lot of horror, so I had fun reading Women in the Walls. I would definitely try more books by Amy Lukavics.
7. Sarah Combs- The Light Fantastic was, surprise surprise, FANTASTIC. I love tough books like this one was and Sarah Combs is now firmly on my radar.
Favorite Debut Authors of 2016
8. Caleb Roehrig- Last Seen Leaving was fucking great. Sorry for my language, but it was.
9. Amber Smith- The Way I Used to Be gave Asking For It a run for it's money in the powerful, tough, emotional category. I can't wait to read more by Amber Smith.
10. Kim Savage- After the Woods was a really smart, twisty, and impressive debut. I cannot WAIT for Beautiful Broken Girls in 2017.
What authors did you discover this year?