Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that bloggers join in on answering. And today I'm one of them :)
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Favorite Covers:
I'm go go ahead and make this my top ten favorite YA covers out of books I've read in the past year or so (or books I'm going to read soon). I must admit since I don't read fantasy, I'm kind of at a disadvantage... some of those covers are awesome! But these are the ones I've come up with:
1. Perfect By: Ellen Hopkins- I was excited for this book to come out anyway because I liked Impulse, but then when I saw the cover I got really excited! I just think it's cool and beautiful, but also dark in a way.
2. The Lying Game By: Sara Shepard- Cool cover idea for a book about twins. I think it just looks freaky and unique.
3. The Lonely Hearts Club By: Elizabeth Eullberg- I have to admit, I hated this book! The way it was written made everything in the book seem super corny. BUT this is about covers, and the whole reason I read this book is because the cover is awesome! It's not super original, I mean it's a direct play on Abbey Road, but it just turned out so cute!
4. Bunheads By: Sophie Flack- This one and the next few are books I haven't read yet, but because of the covers, they've made it onto my to-read list. This cover is gorgeous! I guess it also helps that I used to be a dancer, and I love watching dance. It's on my list to read, and hopefully I will get to it soon.5. Between By: Jessica Warman- Ok I don't really know how this cover relates to the book, the description doesn't really make the link for me, but I guess I'll have to read it to find out. Anyhow I think this cover is beautiful and haunting.
6. Pieces of Us By: Margie Gelbwasser- Another one on my to-read list. I just really like this cover, it gives me a lost/lonely feeling. This book comes out this week!
7. Shine By Lauren Myracle- Haven't read this one yet either, but I LOVE the colors on this cover! It looks aged, but the opening flower gives a feeling of newness and hope.
8. Twenty Boy Summer By: Sarah Ockler- I did read this one, and it's a good one. The cover is simple but still eye-catching.
9. Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) By: Sarah Mlynowski- Ok I'm a little biased because I loved this book so much. That's probably the main reason I'm putting it on here. (At least I'm honest :)
10. Hold Still- Nina LaCour- Not much to say about this one. It's a really good book with a really good cover!
So that's it! A little harder than I thought since like I said, all the really cool covers are fantasy books. One thing I learned from doing this list is: YA has the best covers hands down!! You gotta admit that!