This week (June 5th) the topic is:
Top Ten Tuesday Rewind (Pick any past topic you want!)
So I decided to go with Childhood Favorites because I've seen that topic listed there and always wanted to do it!! I grew up in the 90's so some of these books are pretty awesome!!! (I'm using books I read and loved as a 3-8th grader, not kiddie books)
Top Ten Childhood Favorites:
1. Fear Street Series By R.L. Stine- Fear Street will always be my #1 because I was psychotically obsessed and addicted to them! The Cheerleader Books, The Thrill Club, The Boy Next Door, The Stepsister, The Best Friend!!!! I'm sure they are amazingly awful, but as a junior high kid they scared the crap out of me... plus I loved that the person who "did it" was always someone totally unexpected.
2. Matilda By Ronald Dahl- Man I must've read this book a dozen times in 5-6 grade... it was adorable!
3. The Making Out Series By Katherine Applegate- It's about this group of kids that all live on an island and have to take a ferry to the mainland to go to school (and pretty much do anything), but it leaves them basically bonded to each other. I loved Nina, with her Lucky Strike cigarettes that she doesn't smoke and blind Ben!
4. The Face on the Milk Carton By Caroline B. Cooney- A girl who sees herself on a Milk Carton, but didn't even know she was missing!!! Awesome book and series (and Lifetime Movie!)!!
5. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing By Judy Blume- I had to get Judy Blume in here... this was my fav of all of hers. I must say it made me kind of happy to be an only child :)
6. Sweet Valley High Series By Francine Pascal- Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield!! I had the board game, I loved these books so much.
7. Hatchet By Gary Paulsen- I was made to read this in 6th grade, but I ended up loving it so much I made my mom buy me a copy so I could read it like 5 more times.
8. Girl Talk Series By L.E. Blair- LOL!!! I get it, I didn't read much quality stuff back in the day!! I used to read these books in my room with a flashlight when I was supposed to be sleeping. I loved how one chapter would always be phone conversations!
9. Prom Dress By Lael Littke- Much like the Fear Street books, but still awesome!
10. The Truth About Taffy Sinclair By Betsey Haynes- I loved all the Fab Five books, but this one was my fav! You get to read Taffy's Diary!! Deep stuff!
Other good ones that almost made the cut:
Where the Sidewalk Ends, Bunnicula, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, The Outsiders, Nancy Drew, The Lifeguard, and The Losing Christina books
This so makes me want to go back to the 90's, lay on my DayBed, and read all these awesomely bad, but good books!!!