This week (June 26) the topic is:
Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or
Someone I Know In Real Life
Wow hard one!! I don't really compare myself or friends/family to characters in books too often... probably because characters in books tend to be extremes and I don't think I know a lot of extreme people. Plus I've read A LOT of books and have trouble remembering stuff like this :( But here's my best!
1. But I Love Him By: Amanda Grace and Stay By: Deb Caletti- The characters (Ann and Clara) don't remind me of myself per-say, but their situations do. I was in an extremely weird controlling relationship for a long time and can completely relate to a guy wanting to know every move you make and accusing you of lying all the time.
2. Marcus Flutie (Sloppy Firsts By: Megan McCafferty)- Who doesn't know a guy like this? Cool, good in bed, smart and cocky. Always playing head games. Oh yes I know a Marcus or two... but they are NOT redheads :)
3. Jane (Rosebush By: Michele Jaffe)- I liked Jane and she reminded me a lot of myself at that age... except for the whole getting run over and all that :)
4. Kelsy Finkelstein (Freshman Year... By: Meredith Zeitlin)- I don't know if I am a ton like her, but I want to be!! She's so funny! I guess the biggest part I could relate to was the always trying something new to stand out... I definitely went through that phase.
5. April and Violet (Ten Things We Did... By: Sarah Mylnowski)- yes me and my bestie from high school were definitely these girls.
6. Darcy (Something Borrowed By: Emily Giffin)- I HAD a friend like this. Obsessed with having all the nicest things, only cared about herself. Found ways to put other people down....
This one is tough... I'll update if I think of more
What are yours??