Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (July 31st) I'm one of them :)
TOP 10 BOOK ROMANCES THAT YOU THINK WOULD MAKE IT IN THE REAL WORLD
Wow another crazy hard one!! I will admit that 5-10 years ago I would've been using my yes stamp a lot on this one, but I'm much less optimistic about love lately so... Anyway I'm going to have to oust most couples who come from any paranormal/other worldly place. I'm just not sure if things would go the same way if the other person wasn't a ghost (The Ghost and the Goth) or a vampire (Twilight)... so with that said here's what I got:
1. Nick & Norah (Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist)- They're both teen hipsters with a vocab out of Dawson's Creek. They have a lot in common and I think could be a real couple.
2. Anna & Etienne (Anna and the French Kiss) - (even though I wouldn't mind having him for myself haha) I think these two would make it in the real world for sure... I mean they made it into Lola and the Boy Next Door!!
3. Rachel & Ethan (Something Borrowed)- It seems unlikely given their start, but somehow I like them.
4. Annabel & Owen (Just Listen)- I'm not a big believer in H.S. romance making it for the long haul... but Owen was such a great guy, so I think it's believable.
5. Allie & Noah (The Notebook)- I like this one for the real world because they did break up for a while and then came back together... that's the best way for young first love to work IMO.
And that's it... I mean we are talking fictional romances, so it's kind of hard to picture a lot of them making it :(