My Top 10 Bookish Confessions
1. Worst one ever- I read endings!!! I know it's so bad... but sometimes I'm tired and I feel like I can't possibly go to sleep unless I make sure the couple is going to make it, or the m/c isn't going to die, or that the bitchy character gets what's coming to her. So I skim ahead... but I still go back and read from where I originally stopped, so it's not that bad right??
2. I read everywhere I go. I take whatever book I am reading and if I have 20 seconds waiting in line somewhere I'm pulling it out.
3. I'm obsessed with libraries. I know you can request books from one library to another, and I do that sometimes, but that doesn't stop me from being a regular at 4 libraries!
4. I cry when I read. If a book is really good and not even in a sad way, I will cry real tears.... it's embarrassing.
5. I'm sure a lot of people do this, but I read at least three books at the same time... it gets a little confusing, but never boring!!
6. I love reading so much that I make my son sit through 4-5 books every night before bed. I don't even think he's listening half the time, but I just love the stories!!
7. I skim really long descriptions of settings and appearances. I know those things have value, but I don't have the attention span.
8. About a year ago I started acquiring too many books at the same time and I have been out of control ever since. (Will I ever catch up w/ all the books waiting on me to read?? I think not.)
9. Sometimes in the middle of a book I will get bored and start reading other books and forget about the poor half-read book... I feel kinda bad, but apparently it wasn't good at holding my attention!
10. When I'm really into a book (thanks Courtney Summers), I will stay up so so so late trying to finish it. And I have a 4 year who makes me pay for it the next day :)
11. I feel weird admitting this but, when I'm in the library or bookstore I start feeling embarrassed in the YA section... especially if there are other people there too. Am I committing a crime because I'm 30 and like to read books for 15 year olds?? Someone should tell my brain it's ok for me to be there!!
~Also I hate in books where the only way a girl can fix her problems is by finding a guy... it pisses me off. And I don't like when 16-18 year olds go to parties and drink pop and eat chips... that does not happen!!