Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (October 23rd) I'm one of them :)
Top Ten Books to Get You into
the Halloween Spirit
1. The Shining By: Stephen King- The book & the movie are both crazy scary! No Halloween list would be complete w/out a Stephen King!
2. Any Fear Street Book By: R.L. Stine- 90's awesomeness that will give any jr. high-er nightmares :)
3. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark By: Alvin Schwartz- All-time best sleepover book!
4. The Amityville Horror By: Jay Anson- Nothing like true-crime to keep you up at night :)
5. The Monkeys Paw By: W.W. Jacobs- A short story, but it got me!
6. This is Not a Test By: Courtney Summers- Oh yeah had to get some Zombies on here!!
7. Helter Skelter By: Vincent Bugliosi- Another true-crime, but stuff that really happened (and could happen again) are the scariest!
8. Miss Pergerine's Home for Peculiar Children By: Ransom Riggs- Not my favorite book, but the pics will definitely get you into that Halloween mood.
9. Any Christopher Pike book- I have R.L. Stine in here so I gotta give it to C. Pike as well... he knows how to do horror!
10. It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown By: Charles M. Shultz, Justine Korman- Yeah the book is based on the TV special, but that's ok... I love this!
Don't Forget to Enter My Giveaway!! You win your choice of these books: