Jamie over at the Perpetual Page Turner created this fun survey for everyone to share what their favorite books were that they read in 2012. If you want to do it too, go on over there and fill this out and link up! I've read a lot of books and wish I could've read more! There were so many books I wanted to read, but with starting back to school and everything else it didn't happen.... BUT I did read a lot of FABULOUSLY AMAZING books and I started this blog in March of 2012 so this has been a good bookish year :)
Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
- YA Contemporary Romance- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- YA Horror- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- YA Sobfest- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- YA Mystery- One Moment by Kristina McBride
- YA LOL Funny/Awesome- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty, Freshman Year and other UnNatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
- Paranormal- The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
- The List by Siobhan Vivian- When I first heard about this book I got so excited about it... and it was good, but not as great as I thought it would be :(
- The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg- I fell in love with the cover of this book, but then the book turned out to be one of the worst I read this year. It bummed me out and I'm afraid to read other books by Eulberg even though I've heard good things about them.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler- I thought it was going to be a fluffy book about meeting 20 boys in a summer... little did I know I was going to go on an emotional rollercoaster. I LOVED it!
- Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo- the cover for this one wasn't eye catching for me and I didn't really have any expectations for it, but man I loved it!
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
- Courtney Summers books... all of them
- Ten Things We Did (and Probably Should'nt Have) by Sarah Mlynowski
- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty- Where have I been?
- The Ghost and the Goth Series by Stacey Kade
- Burn for Burn by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
- Abbi Glines- Loved The Vincent Boys... she really knows how to write male characters
- Stephanie Perkins- Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, awesome books!
- Meredith Zeitlin- Freshman Year and Other UnNatural Disasters... funny, funny book and I also love the book trailer for this one too!
- Sarah Ockler- Twenty Boy Summer and Bittersweet are totally just so me.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
- Like Moonlight at Low Tide by Nicole Quigley- this book had some religious undertones that definitely put me out of my comfort zone. Even so, I loved the book!
- Wake by Lisa McMann- I really don't read that many non-contemporary books, and while I didn't love it, it definitely made me want to read more outside of my normal stuff.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
- One Moment by Kristina McBride- definitely was up until 4 AM because I had to finish it!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
- I don't usually re-read books... but if I did I'd pick Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry because it was just that good.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
- I do really like The Lying Game covers, but I'm going to have to give it to my girl Courtney Summers. Love This Cover! (and when I say she's my girl, what I really mean is I am her #1 fan and she has no clue of my existence :)
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
- Jessica Darling hands down... oh and Marcus Flutie
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- there is no better writing than this.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
- Again The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- It's just so damn emotional and I was honestly a little traumatized by it. I was all contemplating life and the meaning of it and stuff... eek!
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot- it's only been around for over a decade.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
- "Apparently, she can't find her Annie costume (could someone have hidden it behind the washing machine? I wonder...)" ~Kelsey Finkelstein- Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters
- “I gazed into her beautiful green eyes and her fear melted. A shy smile tugged at her lips and at my heart. Fuck me and the rest of the world, I was in love.” ~Noah- Pushing the Limits
- "There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.” ~Hazel Gace- The Fault in Our Stars
- Shortest- Forever Neverland by Heather Killough-Walden 173 pgs
- Longest- From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer & Valerie Thomas 462 pgs
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.)
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siohan Vivian- FOR SURE!! The ending of this book made me want to punch myself in the face... I definitely wanted to talk/blog about it :)
- Hide & Seek (The Lying Game #4) by Sara Shepard- I just wanted to talk about how I really think I know who the killer is!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
- Echo and Noah from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry- Noah is the best book boyfriend EVER!
- Alona and Will from The Ghost and The Goth series by Stacey Kade- I know it's a ghost and living person which is weird, but these 2 are so cute together!
- Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski- I read Ten Things We Did (and Probably Should'nt Have) last year and loved it so much, so when I saw Gimme a Call at the library I was all about it. And it didn't disappoint :)
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
- Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti- Giselle from Xpresso Reads highly recommended this, so I knew I would like it!
21. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
I discovered every blog in 2012 as I wasn't really on the blogging map until March. Here are my favs though:
- Xpresso Reads- she does it all, blogging, blog design, book tours... plus her blog is so professional looking, I just love it!
- GReads!- the awesomest place to go for YA Contemporary and music... and her reviews are the best!
- Katie's Book Blog- LOVE News for Nerds and her vlogs!
- Alice in Readerland- She is the nicest blogger around, plus her reviews are great and her blog design is lovely :)
- Read Your Bookcase- She's a newcomer like me so it's nice to have someone to relate to... plus she reads really cool books and gives me good ideas for my TBR
- Pretty Little Book Head- FUNNIEST BLOG EVER! Her voice on her blog is so freaking cute and her stuff always makes me smile!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
- The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen- more Sarah Dessen YES!!!
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry- It's about Beth from Pushing the Limits
- Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett- Can't WAIT!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
- I would like to meet and connect with more bloggers. I have met some really cool people but I don't really talk to THAT many bloggers on the regular. I really want to go to a few book festivals like maybe the one in Baltimore and DC. I want to read more books than I did this year (only 67 books so far this year?!?!) and I would like to connect with more publishers and writers bc I don't really get all the cool books you other people get in the mail every week... and I want to!
- Ok that was more than 1 thing! Sorry I guess I have a lot of bookish goals this year :)