By: Ruta Sepetys
Highly anticipated Historical Fiction based in the 1950's French Quarter of New Orleans. It features a girl who is raised in a brothel and wants desperately to escape, but then a murder investigation turns her world upside-down.
By: Kate Ellison
After Olivia's boyfriend was murdered, she starts seeing his ghost and putting together the pieces of what happened to him. The catch is she might be losing her mind and her mom is about to go on trial for the murder.
By: Yelena Black
The cover of this book is WOW! Vanessa goes to an elite-ballet school and dances in the shadow of her older sister, who danced there before she disappeared. There's a danger at this school and it's up to Vanessa to figure it out before it is too late. It sounds creepy, but it also has a cliffhanger ending and a sequel, so there's that too.
By: Christine Johnson
Keira starts hallucinating and with no one else to confide in she turns to Walker, a new guy she has an intense connection with. Walker can see some parts of the visions she's seeing, but the more she confides in him the crazier her visions get.... because her visions and Walker are part of something bigger.
By: Kirby Larson
A Historical Fiction Middle Grade about a girl who moves to San Francisco from Montana to pursue her dreams of being the next Nellie Bly.
By: Cindy C. Bennett
"Rapunzel is not your average teenager. For one thing, she has a serious illness that keeps her inside the mysterious Gothel Mansion. And for another, her hair is 15 feet long. Not to mention that she’s also the key to ultimately saving the world from certain destruction. But then she meets a boy named Fane, who changes all she has ever known, and she decides to risk everything familiar to find out who she really is."
By: Kasie West
Addie is a Searcher, meaning when she's given a choice she can see the way each option will turn out. When her parents divorce she has to choose whether to stay in the Compound or go live with her father with the Norms. When she sees the results of her choices it surprises her. Can knowing the future really help her this time?
Other Books Out This Week:
- Sever By: Lauren DeStefano- Final book in the Chemical Garden series!!
- Override (Glitch) By: Heather Anastasia- 2nd book in the Glitch trilogy
- Breaking Point By: Kristen Simmons- 2nd book in this dystopian series (first was Article 5)
- Fractured Soul By: Rachel McClellan- Book 2 in the Fractured Light series
- Famous By: Todd Strasser (Paperback)- The story of a teenage paparazzo
- Also Known As Rowan Pohi By: Ralph Fletcher (Paperback)- A boy enters a prestigious private school under a fake name and tries to become this new person he's invented.
- Wherever You Go By: Heather Davis (Paperback)- Paranormal Romance w. a love triangle.
- Someone Else's Life By: Katie Dale (Paperback)- I love this new cover!! A YA Contemporary about a girl searching for her bio mom.
What books do you like this week?? I'm into Out of the Easy and Notes From Ghost Town!! Anyone read any of these books yet? Or is anyone planning on reading something romantic in honor of Valentine's Day?