By: Scott Blagden
Cricket's life sucks... he lives in a group home run by nuns, and he's the oldest. With no prospects for the future, he's questioning everything, including life. But then he meets Wynona and things start looking up.
By: Lindsey Leavitt
When Mallory gets cheated on she decides to "go vintage". She swears off technology and decides to complete a list inspired by one her grandmother made in 1962. I thought this book was going to be about her going back to the 60's :( Oh well I think it still sounds cute, esp. because all the chapters begin with lists.
By: Emily Murdoch
Carey and her younger sister have been living in a camper in the woods with their drug addicted mother for years. During one of their mother's disappearances a man claiming to be their father and a social worker comes to take them out of the woods and back to the world. But introduction into real life and school is hard, and Carey begins to realize that there are secrets from their past that need uncovered. I have this and will read it soon!!
By: Bonnie Shimko
Psychological thriller about a girl who hear voices that tell her to kill people.
By: Meg Medina
"In Meg Medina’s compelling new novel, a Latina teen is targeted by a bully at her new school — and must discover resources she never knew she had." ~Goodreads
Impostor (Slide #2)
By: Jill Hathaway
Sequel to Slide, which I still have to read! Vee can slide into people's minds, but now she's realizing she might not be the only one with this power, and someone is using it on her!
- Wasteland By: Susan Kim & Lawrence Klavan- (Book 1 of a trilogy) A Post-Apocalyptic Dytopian where no one lives past the age of 19.
- Black Helicopters By: Blythe Woolston- "A teenage girl. A survivalist childhood. And now a bomb strapped to her chest. See the world through her eyes in this harrowing and deeply affecting literary thriller." ~Goodreads
- Period 8 By: Chris Crutcher- A contemporary about Period 8: a class where students can feel free to talk about anything.
- The Boy in the Forest By: Shayna St. Amant- A fantasy book where a girl enters the forest and a fantasy world in order to help her new friend bring down the goblins who are destroying his world.
- Smart Girls Get What They Want By: Sarah Strohmeyer- I am 100% in love with this cover!! It is so freaking beautiful... Erin Fitzsimmons did a fab job. The original cover was nice too, but this one just rocks!
- Cursed By: Jennifer L. Armentrout- I'm glad there was no cover change for this one because it's definitely one of my favorite covers from last year :)
- Double By: Jenny Valentine- YA mystery about a boy who takes on a missing boys identity and then finds himself caught up in a mystery.
Not a ton of books this week, but definitely some good ones. Impostor looks cool, and so does Dear Life, You Suck and Going Vintage.
PS- I'm getting a blog make-over, so I'm currently under construction. Things will probably be changing on and off for a few days :) I'm pretty obsessed with the new design though!!!