By: Ashley Elston
I'm reading this right now! "Meg" and her family are in the Witness Protection Program and have been moved around the country more times than she wants to think about. Now she's on a mission to find out exactly why they're on the run and what her father is hiding. She meets a boy who just might be able to help her find answers, but it turns out he's hiding something too.
By: Una LaMarche
After five summers of camp memories, four best friends have gone their separate ways for the past three years. Now they're back for camp reunion weekend and they haven't kept in touch like they said they would. Will their memories be enough to hold them together or will the secrets and distance be too much for their childhood friendships to take? I LOVE friendship books!!! This one sounds emotional and awesome!
By: Jessi Kirby
Parker has always been the good girl. She just graduated high school as Valedictorian, but she's never kissed her crush or broken the rules. Now she gets a clue that leads her into an investigation into a town mystery. The mystery of an accident that rocked the community.
By: Joy Preble
14-year-old Jenna has a rough home life. She's also sick. And when she collapses and is rushed to the hospital, her brother, Casey, is also in a rush to get there. Casey crashes and doesn't survive, but is sent back to help Jenna. It turns out that Jenna's not sick, she was poisoned... and now w/ Casey helping her she's got to find out how she got poisoned... along with the reasons for her mother's depression and why her father disappeared all those years ago.
By: Emma Cameron
A novel in verse: "Set in Australia and narrated in alternating points of view, here is an affecting look at the evolving lives of three friends". ~Goodreads
Formerly Shark Girl (Shark Girl #2)
By: Kelly Bingham
A year after a shark attack took her arm, Jane is trying to move on and cope with the loss of many of her dreams. She's having to figure out what she wants to do with her life (nurse or artist) and also has the possibility of her first romance.
By: Holly Thompson
Emma was raised in Japan, but when her mother is diagnosed with breast cancer, they move to Massachusetts. Emma feels completely out of place and just wants to go back to Japan. But then she starts volunteering at a long-term care facility and finds that maybe there is a place for her here too.
By: Shawn Goodman
"A fifteen-year-old boy from an abusive home desperately seeking his older brother's love and approval starts pushing drugs for him and suffers the consequences." ~Goodreads
By: Jaqueline Green
After an innocent game of truth or dare ends, 3 girls continue receiving dares. And if they don't do them, they risk the exposure of all their secrets. How far will these girls go to keep things hidden, and who is behind this twisted game? This sounds like Pretty Little Liars meets Fear Street!!!
Other Books Out This Week:
- Under the Light By: Laura Whitcomb- Companion novel to the Paranormal book: A Certain Slant of Light.
- Spirit and Dust By: Rosemary Clement-Moore- A girl can talk to the dead and the FBI use her to help solve crimes.
- Towering By: Alex Flinn- A Rapunzel Retelling.
- School Spirits By: Rachel Hawkins- A Hex Hall spin-off series.
- The Year of Luminous Love By: Lurlene McDaniel- Not gonna lie this title is.... well it's not my favorite! But I know a lot of people love this author, so I included it.
- He's Gone By: Deb Caletti- Deb Caletti's writing Adult books now?!?! Well it's about a husband who disappears and the wife who's trying to figure out if he's alive or dead.... and if their relationship issues play any role in it.
- Parallel By: Lauren Miller- A girl gets sucked into a parallel universe where she's living an alternate version of her life.
- Firecracker By: David Iserson- A book by TV show New Girl and SNL writer.
- The Forgotten Ones By: Laura Howard- Really pretty cover! This is a New Adult Fantasy about a girl who's mother is schizophrenic.
- The Kissing Booth By: Beth Reekles- A YA contemporary about a never-been-kissed girl who decides to run a kissing booth at her school's carnival.
- The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls (paperback) By: Julie Schumacher- Paperback release of this YA Contemporary about a mother-daughter book club.
- In Honor (paperback) By: Jessi Kirby- Paperback release of a YA Contemporary that includes a roadtrip, loss, secrets, and new love.
I'm loving May for new releases so far!! I'm reading The Rules for Disappearing right now, and I'm excited to get to Five Summers, Golden, and The Sweet Dead Life. What do you like this week??
*Oh and if you are a mother like me, Happy Mother's Day!!!*