Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings In Books
Books that I loved that ended with a sharp curve and left me dying to know more:
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian- Ughhh this ending made me want to punch myself in the face!! Mostly because I had to wait so long for book 2 to come out!
- Crash by Lisa McMann- Oh my dogs I loved this ending, but was super surprised by it and can't wait to read book 2.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- So cliffhangery... but awesome!
Books that wrapped everything up perfectly (or at least as good as could be expected):
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- Don't want to give anything away in this section, but everything is pretty nicely tied up at the end of this book.
- 20 Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler- Same with this one. I still didn't like Frankie, but I liked how there was some closure to the story.
- Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo- Ok so this book doesn't exactly tie everything up... but the age obstacle that was coming between Amelia and Chris was taken care of in a very unexpected and awesome way :)
Books that I loved even though when I got to the ending I said WTF:
- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers- Ahhh!! What happened to Sloane and Rhys??? And Cary?? And the shelter?? And is Sloane still suicidal??
- Shadowlands by Kate Brian- The ending = WTF and that's all I have to say about that. It took me hours to figure out what I read.
Hooked me from the first line:
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much."
- Looking for Alaska by John Green- "The week before I left my family and Florida and the rest of my minor life to go to boarding school in Alabama, my mother insisted on throwing me a going-away party. To say that I had low expectations would be to underestimate the matter dramatically."
- Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- "It’s hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he’s okay. It’s hard to be the one who stays."
So there's my Top Ten (or 11) for this week. I found this topic really challenging. Sometimes I forget endings... and I rarely remember beginnings!! So what firsts and lasts of books did you love??