By: Amy Christine Parker
Following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Lyla's family feared the world was ending. They joined a "cult" under the leadership of Pioneer and built a community called Mandrodage Meadows. There they are protected from the outside and prepare for the end of days, which Pioneer predicts is coming soon. Lyla is intended to marry one of her fellow cult-members and go underground into the Silo when the end comes. But she's met someone on the outside and she's going to have to choose sides soon.
By: Bridie Clark
A "choose your own adventure" book for an older crowd! You choose your way through the Midwinter's Night Dream, the biggest party of the year, where your path could take you to love, social status, friendship, etc.
By: Nyrae Dawn & Jolene Perry
Ughh not this same cover again!! It's getting old. A rock star drummer, Bishop, with an anxiety (and drug) problem lands himself in detox in Seldon, Alaska. Penny's lived in Seldon all her life and can't ever imagine leaving. She's the only one willing to take care of her ailing Gramps. She couldn't care less about the new tenant next door and Bishop is too busy popping pills to notice her either. Then he meets Gramps and realizes there's more to life than what he's been doing. Now he's got to kick the drugs for good, especially if he wants a chance with the girl next door.
By: Patty Blount
Who is Ryder West? That's what Meg really wants to know. Her best friend Bailey is convinced she's head-over-heels for him even though she's never met him in real life, just online. As Bailey shares more about herself to this stranger, Meg gets really worried... and then Ryder reveals stuff about the girls that he shouldn't know. While trying to get at the answer to Who is Ryder West, their friendship faces the ultimate test when the two turn on each other and start publicly posting secrets. Will they ever figure out who this guy is?
By: David Klass & Perri Klass
Told in alternating viewpoints as Jerry and Carla blog their way through the current football season at their high school. Carla is a reporter and former athlete, sidelined by a knee injury, while Jerry is the quarterback of the football team. It explores the "win at all cost" mentality associated with football when head injuries come into play. Can't wait to read this I. Love. Football.
Other Books Out This Week:
- Infinityglass (Hourglass #3) By: Myra McEntire- The third book in the Hourglass series. I love the covers of these books!!
- Elegy (Watersong #4) By: Amanda Hocking- Final book in the Watersong series.
- The Uprising (The Forsaken #2) by Lisa M. Stasse- Sequel to the dystopian book The Forsaken.
- A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2) By: Rachel Harris- In the second book in this series Less shows up in today's Beverly Hills from 1507.
- Save Yourself By: Kelly Braffet- The story of outcasts who go to dark places. A boy who's father is in jail falls in with the preacher's daughter gone goth.
- Wise Young Fool By: Sean Beaudoin- A rocker in juvie tells his story of what led up to his stay there.
- If You Leave (Beautifully Broken #2) By: Courtney Cole- NA Contemporary Romance.
- While It Lasts (Seabreeze #3) By: Abbi Glines- Paperback release of the third book in this NA series.
- The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden By: Jessica Sorenson- The ebook's been out for a while, but here is the paperback release of this NA Contemporary Romance.
I'm also really digging these paperback release covers:
- I'm loving these new covers for the Crank series: a popular YA series written in verse.
- Crank By: Ellen Hopkins
So that's a wrap for this week. I'll definitely be reading Second Impact for sure and maybe Gated. What books are going on your TBR?? Also if you've read any of these already, let me know what you thought!!