- I would really like to better my blog by doing some more personable posts and therefor connecting with you guys more. I don't feel like I've truly represented my personality completely on this blog so far, so in the future I'm going to do more to really lay it out.
- Another thing I realized on vaca was that I really really love doing my blog (even if no one likes it or reads it). I like it and no amount of negativity is going to stop me from continuing to do it :)
Here are some of my hopes, wishes, and goals:
- I wish I could read faster (don't we all?). It would really help if I could actually be ahead on my reading and had reviews banked up. But I just don't. I think I would have to take a month off of blogging to be able to be ahead like that and I'm really not willing to do that. Any advice? How do you guys get so ahead?
- My goal is to read more. There are times when I could read that I don't, so I'm going to get better at reading whenever I have time instead of doing other things.
- My goal is to post more spontaneous, fun posts. Stuff like this or just things that are on my mind.
- I hope that with crazy-busy summer schedules people in the blogging world calm down a little (probably not, bc everyone now has crazy-busy back to school schedules). What I mean is this summer it seemed like a lot of bloggers have been complaining about not having any time for blogging and basically saying they might quit. This annoys me a little bit in that we're all super-busy, but if you're not feeling it: quit. It reminds me of people on Facebook who complain about their lives just so people will tell them how much they love them and stuff. Like fishing for complements or something. I mean I love blogging and I just really hate reading about someone who doesn't like doing it. If you don't like it please do something you do love.
- I wish people would honor their commitments more. It makes me sad when I can't take people at their word. Personally I've done a few blog challenges where the people who are running it quit and it's like What the hell?? You asked me to do the challenge and then YOU'RE the one who can't be bothered??
- I wish people would stop saying that they don't visit blogs. If you are super busy and not visiting blogs, keep that to yourself please. When I read people saying, "thanks for all the comments guys, sorry I haven't been visiting any blogs for a while, I've been busy" it's not cool. You can't expect people to come to your blog if you aren't coming to theirs EVER. I'm not saying you have to visit every single blogger that comments, but if you see someone consistently visiting you, give them a freaking visit. It's a total turn-off for me when people act like their too cool and popular to bother looking at other blogs.
- I hope we can all be friends?? I feel like there's so much competition in the book-blogger arena and I really don't like it. I wish we could all just be happy with our own little slice of the internet... but that's not really reality. (I'm super guilty of being jealous of ppls weekly haul posts). I know it's hard, but I would love to see less jealous and competitiveness and more love for books :)
The Fam on Vaca :)