This is our weekly discussion feature where we discuss bookish/blogging related topics.
Emily at Read Your Bookcase
Michelle at Pink Polka Dot Book Blog
Blogging Pet Peeves: What Annoys You Most in the Blogging World
So this topic feels a little negative and I'm trying to be a more positive person, so I'm going to go light today and just keep it to 3 things.
1. How Competitive the Book Blogging World is Getting
When I first started this blog, I didn't know that there even was a big book blogging world. I just wanted to keep my reviews somewhere and maybe share my love for my favorite books with a few people. After about a month I realized that not only are there tons of blogs, but they are really competitive. It seems like everyone is competing for views, comments, ARC's, author communication, publishing contacts, and just everything. And sometimes it gets to me. I am a competitive person by nature, but I want to save that for sports and my career, not my blogging hobby. Sure I want people to like and visit my blog, but I just can't get caught up in all the craziness. I don't want to play high school popularity games with my blog.
2. Confession: I really don't like the phrase "All the feels".
Where did that even come from? What's wrong with being like it was a really emotional book.... it made me sad, it made me cry. No it's I want to read this book because I heard it has "All the feels". I know I am in the minority here, but when I read it or hear it, I am just like BLAH! To me it's something a 3 year old would say.
3. Posting Pet Peeves
- Hard to read font- I need to be able to read your post w/out my eyeballs hurting. This goes for weird colored font, esp on a black background.
- Constant link backs to previous posts- I don't mind a few, but if I'm reading your post and it's like remember when I blogged about this and this and this and this review and this review... no one cares that much.
- Too much negativity or fake positivity- Some people are just mean and some are fake... I like ppl in the middle.
- Reviews where the person clearly had nothing to say- I want to read about what you thought about it!! You can't just think yes it was great. I want more!! What was the overall message, what are you going to take from it, what made you mad, etc.
So what are your biggest pet peeves?