Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to Teen Boys
- 1. Harry Potter by JK Rowling- I've said it before, but this book is for EVERYONE! And certainly boys will love reading about Harry's adventures.
- 2. Looking for Alaska by John Green
- 3. Sleeping Freshman Never Lie by David Lubar- This one is SO boy. The main character is a boy who is just starting high school... and he's just what you'd expect a 14 year-old teen boy to be: immature. But he's super funny and silly and awesome at the same time. Definitely a must for boy teen readers!
- 4. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford- Ok take away the freaking PINK cover. I have no idea why they put this in such a girly package. It's not girly at all. I think boys would totally relate to this book... they just need to put a cover over that pinkness.
- 5. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini- A boy with depression who checks himself into a hospital. I've never met a guy reader who didn't like this book.
- 6. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga- Son of a serial killer helping to solve murders. It's fast-paced and funny and gory and scary all at the same time.
- 7. Trapped by Michael Northrop- The M/C in this book is guy who is trapped in his high school with some classmates during an epic winter storm. And it's short, so it might be good for someone who shies away from reading.
- 8. Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan- This is 100% boy. There is no character that captures the mind of a teenage boy better than Steven Crashinsky. It's a looong book, but it is SO good.
- 9. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
- 10. Ashfall by Mike Mullin- It's an apocalyptic book about a boy trying to survive and find his family after the Yellowstone Supervolcano explodes. It's an adventure that is full of action and is NEVER boring. It's go, go, go and my heart was racing the whole time.
Ones I almost picked:
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Winger by Andrew Smith
You Don't Know Me by David Klass
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead
Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer R. Hubbard
Shooter by Walter Dean Meyers
Have you read any of these books? Actually some of my absolute favorite books ever are on here. I really like reading books that feature male m/c's. Who did you make your lists for?? Leave me a link and I'll visit :)