Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign
Wow it really feels like I've been talking about book covers A LOT lately. I didn't realize this was going to be the topic for this week and then I basically did a very similar thing in my Reviewers' Roundtable Discussion Post. Oh well, I still like this topic so I'm going to share with those of you who haven't read my other post, plus I added a few more :)
- 1. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty- I had NO idea that this was a YA book for years and years. I had seen it around, but just always assumed it was chick-lit because of the cover. This cover does not say "teen" to me at all... and it doesn't do the awesomeness of Jessica Darling justice.
- 2. Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson- I love Laurie Halse Anderson. And I loved this book... but what is up with this cover?? There is nothing supernatural about the book, so I really have no idea how an "all seeing eye" type thing is relevant. Oh yeah and it's ugly.
- 3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead- Awkward pose of the model + she looks too much like Angelina Jolie in her younger days. Everytime I see this I think Laura Croft.
- 4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman- Wait what?? I don't get it.
- 5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- For a fantasy book, I'm just not feeling it. There are SO many cool covers out there and this is just not one of them.
- 6. Lair of Dreams (The Diviners #2) by Libba Bray- This is not out yet, and I hate it. The Diviners is such a cool book... and this just looks like late 80's/early 90's style covers.
- 7. Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz- This is just too bland for me. The only thing I like is the little scripty boxy thing that the title is in, that's pretty.
- 8. You Have Seven New Messages by Stewart Lewis- So it's about dealing with grief and I get that from the cover... but I think it could be a little more creative than a girl looking out a window.
- 9. Sever (The Chemical Garden #3) by Lauren DeStefano- I liked the first 2 covers in this series, but what the heck is with the green?? It looks like she was taking the photograph on a green-screen like they do in the movies so they can replace the background with something, but then they just forgot? I also don't like this cover model as well because she seems WAY younger than the first 2. And her posture... is she at finishing school or something?
- 10. ALL OF THESE- Ughhhh are these not SO beyond played out??
So these are the books I would want redone. Some of them have been changed for the paperbacks (like If I Stay), thank GOD. But still something has to be done about that almost kiss.