Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For
We all have a lot to be thankful for and I am going to share some of mine (bookish and other stuff). Obviously some of this stuff is more important than others (surely I am not more thankful for my blog redesign than I am for my son), but it's an array of all things that made me happy this year :)
- My son is the coolest little kid. He makes me laugh everyday and he's so freaking smart. Best 5 year old problem solver around! I am especially thankful for how well he's done with starting Kindergarten. It's all-day and I didn't know how that would be... but he's done great. He's also a super-star soccer player. Ok I'll stop bragging now :)
- Obviously. I love my family, they're awesome. Without my husband, I'd have to work.... and I like being home for my kid. My mom and dad are amazing and I'm so glad they moved to the town I live in.
- I've had so much fun with my friends this year. I love getting dressed up and doing a girls night. This year I've had great times with old friends and new. I had an internship this summer and HATED it... at first. But then I met these 2 girls and they made it actually fun. By the end I was sad to see it over. I also joined this amazing YA book club and I really really like them. And now I have people to talk YA to!!
- A year ago I decided to go back and finish my degree that I started when I was younger. If it wasn't for my husband and my mom, it probably would have never happened. My husband for making it financially possible and my mom for moral support and watching Cole when I had class. I feel so good to be a college graduate instead of a college dropout!
- Yes I am one of those crazy dog people. But if you knew my dog, you'd know she's like a little person. She's an angel and makes me so happy just being her. She likes to cuddle and snuggle and she's just an innocent little sweetheart (but she can still be bad sometimes!)
- Yeah it's kind of weird to be thankful for a blog... but I love my blog! It's something that I've come to really really like doing. It gives me a purpose when I need one sometimes and it's a cure for any boredom I could ever have. It's a lot of work, but it's so much fun! I'm thankful to have made it past one year this past spring and I'm also super thankful to Fishy Designs for the new look!
- I'm thankful for anyone who actually reads what I write. I'm thankful for all my blog friends and everyone who's ever helped me make my blog better. I'm thankful for all you people who have blogs that entertain me and inspire me to work harder at this stuff. I'm thankful for anyone who has ever commented and chatted with me about my favorite hobby (reading duh!).
- So thankful for all the awesome books I read this year!! Some books made me cry, some made me insanely happy, and some changed my life! So thank you to: Rainbow Rowell for Fangirl, Michael Hassan for Crash and Burn, John Green for Looking for Alaska, Matthew Quick for Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock, and Huntley Fitzgerald for My Life Next Door.
- Some of my very favorite authors are putting out books in the next year and I'm so happy! I'm thankful to: Courtney Summers for All the Rage (when will there be a release date??), E. Lockhart for We Were Liars, Laurie Halse Anderson for The Impossible Knife of Memory, Huntley Fitzpatrick for What I Thought Was True, Sarah Mlynowski for Don't Even Think About It, and Stephanie Perkins for Isla and the Happily Ever After.... and so many more.
- Thank you to the library for saving me so much $$$. My reading habit is out of control and I could not read as much as I want to without your help!! Also thank you to my librarians for finding me books from all over the state. There's never a book I really want that you can't find!
So what are you guys thankful for this year??