Top Ten Books I Read In 2013
2. The Diviners by Libba Bray- This came as a complete surprise bc historical fiction is not usually my thing. It's very long, but also really creepy and well researched.
3. Ashfall by Mike Mullin- This book scared the crap out of me. It gave me nightmares and made me want to start hoarding canned goods. But I was totally into it.
4. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick- Oh this book. I read it in one night and it totally f'd with my mind. On one hand I could see how some people may not like or understand Leonard... but he really touched me and it's one character I won't soon forget.
5. I Hunt Killers/Game by Barry Lyga- This series is so damn good. Game is even better than the first book and I can't wait to see what book 3 has in store.
6. Looking for Alaska by John Green- LOVE John Green. Loved this book and don't really know why I waited so long to read it.
7. The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door by Karen Finneyfrock- This was a really good debut book. I liked that the main character is a poet in the making and the fact that it's not about a romance.
8. Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan- This book blew me away and entertained the shit out of me. Loved Steven Crashinsky. And Roxanne.
9. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- This was the first book I read this year and I freaking loveddddd. It's so damn good.... if you haven't read it, please go get it now.
10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- I think this is my fav of the year. I stayed up all night reading it and I cried and laughed and cried some more. I haven't read anything else by Rainbow Rowell yet, but I will do something about that soon. I think this one gets my fav of the year award for sure.
Others I Liked:
- Crash & Bang by Lisa McMann
- Shadowlands by Kate Brian
- Winger by Andrew Smith
- Fire with Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
- The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
So those are the bestest books on my 2013 list. Which books did you obsess over this year?