Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (December 17th) I'm one of them :)
Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
1. Huntley Fitzpatrick- I really loved and became obsessed with My Life Next Door. It's so freaking cute and good and amazing! I know Huntley Fitzpatrick is going to be a favorite of mine for years to come :)
2. Michelle Hodkin- This book really surprised me. I didn't think I would be that into it since it's not what I usually read. But I was unable to put it down. I had some issues with the romance in the book, but the writing was so good! I'll definitely read whatever Ms. Hodkin writes.
3. Libba Bray- I read The Diviners and was like why is this the first book I'm reading by this author?? It was so well done, I was blown away.
4. Megan Miranda- I really liked Hysteria and could definitely read more books like it :)
5. April Henry- YES to thriller/mysteries making a comeback! Definitely want to read more by this author.
6. Jessica Brody- How did I just discover Jessica Brody this year?? She's AWESOME!
7. Barry Lyga- Yeah The Jasper Dent series is addicting! I love books about serial killers and this is SO unique.
8. Matthew Quick- I read Silver Linings Playbook and Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock without knowing it was written by the same author (at first). Leonard Peacock hurt my heart and Silver Linings Playbook was just okay for me. But I really like the way this author writes!
9. Mike Mullin- Oh yes Ashfall freaked me out and made me fall in love. Can't wait until Sunrise comes out!
10. Rainbow Rowell- And this is my favorite new author of my year! Fangirl rocked my world. How is it possible to write so good??
So this year was kind of disappointing reading-wise for me. I didn't get to read near as many books as I wanted to... and even though I found some really cool authors this year, I feel like 2012 was a better year for me.
Who did you discover this year???