Top Ten Characters I Never Want to Trade Places With
As you may have read on my blog last week- I don't read a lot of stuff other than contemporary (but I'm trying to change!!).... so this topic is kind of hard. It would be a lot easier to just make a list of shitty worlds instead of shitty lives. I mean of course I'm not going to want to change places with a victim of domestic violence or rape... and that would be seriously insensitive to list people like that. So I'm trying to make the most *sensitive* list of mostly contemporary characters that I can.
1. Mara Dyer from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer- Girl is going through SO much. Is she crazy?? Is she supernatural?? Either way I don't want it. But I do like to read about it!
2. Jules from Crash (The Visions series by Lisa McMann)- Seeing a vision over and over and over again until you almost lose your mind?? Ummm yeah I'll pass on that.
3. Jasper Dent from I Hunt Killers- Hunting serial killer sounds kind of cool... but the whole being raised by one is the thing that I'm steering clear from.
4. Ashleigh from Thousand Words- Having my hoo-haa sent all around my school and the internet and even my parents seeing it?? Umm can you say mortified.
5. Alex & Darla from Ashfall- If Yellowstone erupts I think I'll just off myself before I go through everything these two have to go through. SCARY!
6. Janie Johnson from The Face on the Milk Carton series- OLD SCHOOL!! Yeah it would really suck to wake up one day and find out you were kidnapped by some hippy-drug addict and the parents that raised you all your life are NOT you parents. And then being forced to try to go back to a bio family that you don't really remember and don't really fit in with?? Ughhhh.
7. Sloane from This is Not a Test- or any of Courtney Summers characters. They all hurt my heart. And plus ZOMBIES!!
8. Jane from Rosebush- Girl was run over!! And everyone in her life was freaking toxic.
9. Audrey Cuttler from Audrey Wait!- It sounds cool to have a hit song written about you. But I don't think I could take all the people talking about me and judging me and analyzing my relationship like that. And plus I would NEVER want one of my ex-boyfriends to be famous. They just need to go away.
10. Anyone from The Pretty Little Liars series- I would not do well with having all my deepest darkest secrets being held over my head. Not at all.
So what characters/worlds would you never want to be/live in??