Top Ten Books That I Want To Read That Are TOTALLY Out Of My Comfort Zone
So I did a post a while back about wanting to go out of my reading comfort zone (I read mostly YA Contemporary). After I got so many recs and warnings for books, I decided to make my final list of books I want to read.
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer- This was rec'd to me by EVERYONE. In fact I don't think I've talked to one person who didn't like it. So yeah it's at the top of my list!
2. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- I think I just NEED to do it. I saw the movie and liked it (I mean JLaw is in it, how could I not?) and it's just kind of crazy that I haven't read it yet.
3. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner- Love this cover.... love the sound of it... love all the feedback I've heard about it.
4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- I'm just super curious about this one. I've heard good and bad about it, but I want to know what all the fuss is about!
5. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis- This has been highly recommended to me by many people who are Contemporary lovers... so that makes me feel better about it. And again I haven't read very many neg. reviews at all.
6. Gone by Michael Grant- Not sure if I want to read the ENTIRE series, but the idea of no adults sounds super interesting (I bought this book yesterday!!).
7. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- Again need to see what all the fuss is about.
8. Pawn by Aimee Carter- I was NOT a fan of The Goddess Test... but I'm willing to give this author another try.
9. Obsidian by JLA- I own this, so I kind of feel like I need to read it. It's sounds insta-love-ish, so I'm a little worried. I think Daemon Black is one of those dudes you either love or hate... and I usually end up hating those types. But you never know!
10. Pivot Point by Kasie West- I see this on people lists all the time and when the 2nd book came out, I just decided I think I really want to read it.
What do you think?? Have you read these?? Which ones would you suggest and which ones would you tell people to avoid?
Can't wait to see what your topics are this week!!