Top Ten Gateway Books On My Reading Journey
1. Fear Street by RL Stine- oh I don't even know how much money my poor mom spent on Fear Street books in the 90's.
2. Mysteries- Like Fear Street books, other "teen mysteries" were popular back then as well.
3. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson- This was the first YA book I read after leaving high school. And it blew my freaking mind. I knew that these were the types of books I was meant to read.
4. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen- Another book that cemented my love for YA Contemporary. I was still on the fence about whether I should be reading YA or not when I found this book.
5. Harry Potter by JK Rowling- This book was one that made me realize that labels really don't mean much. If a book is good, it's just good. I always thought Harry Potter was for kids, but when I took a risk and read it, I knew I should stop with my preconceived notions.
6. The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart- Oh how I loved Ruby Oliver. I wish I could read this all over again for the first time :)
7. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
8. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
9. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers- The first zombie book I ever loved!
10. The Diviners by Libba Bray- Woah you mean Historical Fiction can be fun?? That's what I learned when I read this gem :)
So those are my "gateway" books. Which books got you into reading/ back into reading??