Top Ten Books I'd Love To Read With My Book Club
I love my book club!!! We're the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Forever Young Adult book clubs. We do so many fun things that don't even involve books (and a lot that does), and I never dreamed a book club could be so awesome.
Books I haven't read but want us all to:
1. In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters- I haven't read much historical fiction and I would like to read more. Plus when we have read historical books in the past, it seemed to give us a lot to talk about.
2. My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi- I mean it's a HEAVY subject. Sounds like the perfect book club book.
3. Noggin by John Corey Whaley- I like it when we read books with out-there plots. It usually gives us an array of strong reactions.
4. I Was Here by Gayle Forman- It's Gayle Forman.
5. Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos- This just screams book club book to me.
Books I already read, but want them to read so we can discuss:
6. Any Courtney Summers book- Okay so I haven't read All the Rage (yet), but I would love if we could read and discuss ANY of Ms. Summers' books.
7. Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King- Like I said I like it when we read books with out-there, original storylines :) Plus with this one there is A LOT to discuss.
8. Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican- Pittsburgh is the setting for this book, so what better for a Pittsburgh book club?? Also I really really liked it and think people might have very mixed reactions to it.
9. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn- I kind of want people to explain this one to me.
10. Tease by Amanda Maciel- It's about a lot of heavy issues and I like that it showed bullying from the other side. I think some people will hate the m/c and some will get her, and I just want to hear everyone's reactions.
Those are my book club books.... what books do you want to read w/ your club??
PS- any Pittsburgh peeps out there that wants to join our amazingly fun book club send me an email or look us up on Facebook- PGHFYA