It's time for another update on my obsessions!! Between the Broke and Bookish Secret Santa and the On the Same Page Secret Sister Project, it's got me thinking about stuff I like, stuff my friends like, and my changing obsessions in general. So I decided to start telling you guys what my obsessions are when I get them.
Since I'm out of Rectify episodes, I thought I would get caught up on Baby Daddy. Now I know what you might be thinking... with a name like Baby Daddy, the show has to be bad. But honestly it is adorable and hilarious. It's really not about the baby very much. It's about this crazy, off-color, difunctional family, The Weavers. Brothers Danny and Ben live together in NYC with their friend Tucker (Hello Teddy from Full House!!!). Their best friend from childhood, Riley, returns to their life (and brings along the dreaded love triangle, but it works IMO), and their crazy, funny, LOL mother, Bonnie moves nearby to help with the baby. The baby, Emma, turns out to be Ben's from a one-night stand, who is dropped on his doorstep.... and hello insta-dad. Anyway, I love this show and it frequently has me cracking up. Especially Bonnie and Tucker's dysfunctional relationship.
Plus, if nothing else, there's this:
I've also been catching up on Damages. It's a good crime thriller drama. I intensely dislike Glenn Close's character. Is there any actress out there that can play a better villain though??
I'm looking forward to some new fall TV for the first time in a loooong time. I haven't been into Prime Time TV in years it seems. (I mean, are they really still making new episodes of Grey's Anatomy???? God, move on already!) But this year there are a few that I definitely intend to check out:
- American Horror Story Hotel- I LOVE this series!!! It's so creepy and weird and awesome (and okay, also very gross at times). It's coming back early October! And it's so giving me The Shining vibes!
- Scream Queens- College, Sororities, Horror, Emma Roberts, and Jamie Lee Curtis (all hail Queen of the Scream Queens). What's not to like about that? I really hope this show is good!!
- Supergirl- I'm all about girl power. Also it's gotten really good reviews.
- Grandfathered- okay, okay this bound to be bad. I mean just watching the previews I can tell that there isn't that many places for the plot to go... but it's John Stamos playing what he plays best: a douche (or himself if you will).
I've been all about Fantasy Football for years now, and this year is no different. This year Yahoo! tried to give me a low draft grade, but I knew they were wrong. And my players performed!! Julio Jones, Stevie Johnson, Tyler Eifert, and James Jones got me the W. Now if only Andrew Luck would get his crap together, that would be nice.
- Do you play fantasy football?? If so, how did you do in week 1??
Fall is practically here :( I hate when summer ends, it saddens me. It especially saddens me when I have to put away all the cute dresses. They're so easy. You have an entire outfit in one item of clothing. With fall and winter you have pants, and boots, and leggings, and jeans, and socks, and sweaters, and layers, and layers, and I'm bored already just thinking about it. I have found a few cute things in my online looking I may get to get me out of my fall slump:
What fall styles are you looking at this fall?
- I finished What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler earlier this week. It was one of my most anticipated books for the year. I enjoyed it and read it really fast, it didn't quite live up to what I was hoping it would be. It was a little after school specially, I have to say.
- I also just started to read Stand-Off by Andrew Smith!!! I'm SO excited for more Ryan Dean West!!!!
What are your recent obsessions?? Any Netflix shows taking over your life? Any fall TV you are looking forward to? Any recent reads that were just amazing?