Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
Every year when I do these end of year lists, I am always wishing I would've read more. In 2015, I have read some new authors that are surely going on my auto-buy authors list. Here are my favs:
1. Lauren Oliver- This was probably my BEST decision this year. I started with Rooms and thought it was super interesting. Then I moved on to Before I Fall and freaking LOVED every bit of it. It was such a ME book. I also read Vanishing Girls and it made me realize that I will read all of Lauren Oliver books forever!!
2. Jesse Andrews- GAH!! Me and Earl and the Dying Girl was so LOL funny!! And Mr. Andrews is from Pittsburgh!! I can't wait to read The Haters.
3. Jennifer Matthieu- The Truth About Alice got me out of a terrible reading slump. It might be my favorite book that I read this year.
4. Maggie Stiefvater- I read all the Raven Boys books this year!! (well except The Raven King obv.) This series is one of my book club's favorites, so I was excited to read it and be in the know about all the things they talk about. I definitely fell in love with the beautiful way Maggie has of setting an atmosphere. Also I love the friendship factor in the books.
5. Nova Ren Suma- The Walls Around Us was SO good!! I also read Imaginary Girls and liked it too. I'm definitely going to read more by this author because she's very talented... and she definitely likes to mess with her readers' heads.
6. Suzanne Collins- 2015 will always be the year I finally read The Hunger Games. Crazy, right??? This is one series I thought I would never read because... well, THG started the dystopian craze that spawned a million copy cats, and that annoyed me. Obviously it's not The Hunger Games fault that there were so many knock-offs written, but I held it against it anyhow :(
7. Amy Spalding- Kissing Ted Callahan was so adorably adorable. I will definitely be reading more from her :)
8. Gillian Flynn- So over the winter I decided to read Gone Girl. And then it took over my life. I was OBSESSED!! And then I promptly read alllll of her books. I can't wait to see what else she comes up with, because this author's mind is seriously a crazy place.
9. Kat Spears- Breakaway became a favorite of mine when I read it in September. I loved her characters and am curious to read more by her.
10. Natalie D. Richards- I read My Secret To Tell, but didn't love it. But I did like it well enough to want to try other books by this author... plus she's been pumping out books really fast, and that's always a plus!!
What authors were new-to-you this year??