Inspired by THIS post at Paperfury.com, I decided I'm going to start sharing things in the book blogging community. Maybe it'll be some awesome post or new feature a blogger has put together, maybe it'll be a blog that I want to share with you all. All I know is I want this community to be a better, nicer, happier, more helpful place, and I'm going to do my part to spread the LOVE.
-I also want to ask for your help! If you know of any blog or a feature that a blog does that you think should be shared to the rest of the book community, please tell me HERE. It would be so helpful :)
1. Delightful Discoveries by Jenn Renee Reads
- Delightful Discoveries is one of my favorite features on a blog ever. Basically she puts together a post of books that she's recently come across and found interesting. It's usually broken up into genres like Contemporary or Dystopian, etc. I make it a habit to know what books are coming out, and yet every time she does one of these posts, I'm always finding new books that I instantly want to read. I probably should not like this feature because it makes my TBR even longer, but I love it. And I love that it's a feature I've been loving for years.
2. Pre-Squee by Bewitched Bookworms
- This is sort of like Waiting on Wednesday where they talk about an upcoming book they are excited about... but I just love the name!! Pre-Squee... it's so darn cute!!
3. Novel Ink
- Another blog you should totally visit- Novel Ink is a blog run by Christie and Erika that I've been following for at least a year. They've just gotten a new pretty design (not that the other one wasn't fab... but I adore this new one!!). My favorite thing about this blog is that between the two of them they read so many different genres. I know one of the ladies has been reading NA a lot more & that's definitely something I need recs in. Other things I like about this blog- discussions (like this one on Reading Slumps or this one on Outgrowing YA), Netflix watching, and the titles of their Reviews (Like- F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher Was F*cking Amazing, and The Vincent Boys Stole My Heart).
4. Blogger New Year's Challenge by Parajunkee
- So Parajunkee is hosting this 14 day challenge to get us all excited about blogging in the new year!! I think it's a fabulous idea and the prompts are all super fun things looking back at 2015 and ahead to all the blogging things we're looking forward to. I'm especially excited for Day 12- 2015 Blogger Horror Story. I know it's a little negative... but I think we can all learn from each other's negative experiences. Also, I just think it will be fun to read the stories. I was late to the party here, so I hope that Parajunkee does more of these!! I know they've done a few before (the 7 Day Holiday Blogging Challenge, Thankful Blogging Challenge), so hopefully next time I'll be ready :)
5. Reading Challenges
- It's not too late for reading challenges!! There are a lot of them and they can be super fun. I, myself, am not doing very many because my reading has been so sporadic. I am doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge (75 books- I'm already 1 book behind... lovely!!), but I thought I'd compile a list of ones I know about for anyone else who might be interested (these are the ones I personally have come across... I'm sure there are many more and I'm sorry if I missed one you are hosting):
- 2016 Book Blog Discussion Challenge- Motivation to do more discussion posts
- 2016 Contemporary Reading Challenge
- Contemporary Romance 2016 Reading Challenge
- Ultimate Reading Challenge- The Popsugar challenge to help you read a variety of books
- Re-Read Challenge 2016
- 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
- 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge
- Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2016
- 2016 Audiobook Challenge
- Back to the Classics Challenge 2016
- 2016 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge
- 2016 I Love Libraries Reading Challenge
- 2016 Debut Author Challenge
- (Fairytale) Retelling Challenge 2016
- LGBTQIA 2016 Reading Challenge
- 2016 New Release Challenge
- Rock My TBR Challenge 2016
- Aussie Author Challenge 2016
- Backlist Books Reading Challenge 2016
- 2016 Diverse Reads Book Challenge
- 2016 Dystopia Reading Challenge
- The 2016 Challenge Challenge- Challenging you to finish those challenges!!
- Goodreads Awards Challenge 2016- Reading the 2015 Goodreads Award Nominees
- 2016 Horror Reading Challenge
- 2016 Monthly Key Word Reading Challenge- Reading books with a keyword in the title
- 2016 Review Writing Challenge
- Read the Books You Buy Reading Challenge 2016
I hope everyone is having a lovely start to 2016!! I love doing this post because it pushes me to visit even more blogs than I usually do to spread the love around even further. If you know of anyone who I should share the love with, please Tweet me or share on my spreadsheet :)
Are you guys planning on doing any challenges?? I didn't think I would, but now I'm really thinking about doing that Fantasy or Dystopia Challenge just because they are super out of my usual reading style and I need pushed out of my comfort-zone.
Hope everyone had a great week!!