Top Ten YA Couples That Could've Been
- I'm usually a black sheep on the couples that I root for. Seriously, it happens a lot. These are the couples that never were (or probably never will be), but that I would've been happy to see happen:
1. Lois & Devin from Lois Lane Fallout (#1) by Gwenda Bond- I know Lois is all about Superman... but I would've been okay with a "more than friends" thing with Devin.
2. Riley & Reid from Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding- While it was really refreshing to see a boy/girl friendship that didn't have to progress into a romance, I couldn't help but have a thing for these 2 in the back of my mind :)
3. Blue & Adam from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- I know this couple isn't going to ever happen... and I know that it's an unpopular OTP.... but I like them together damn it!!
4. Kitty & Knox from Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1) by Aimee Carter- Although 99% of the time I wanted to knock Kitty in the head during this series, I still think that Knox is a much better option than (yuck) Benjy. Just the name Benjy is a NO.
5. Sophronia & Soap from Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger- I haven't read past book 1, so I have no idea where the romance aspects in the series goes, but this is one I could get behind.
6. Cinder & Thorne from Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer- In the 2nd book of this series, I really felt chemistry between these 2. I know that he's set up to be with Cress and that she's supposed to be with Kai.... but I just LIKE them together.
7. Kat & Alex from Burn for Burn (series) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian- So this couple just sort of fell by the wayside as the series went along. I really felt like SOMETHING was going to happen with them and BLAH.
8. Evie & Sam from The Diviners by Libba Bray- I haven't read Book 2 yet, and there are still more books to come after that, so you never know... but I felt like there was the immediate flirting thing going on with them.... and then nothing. I'd be cool with them getting together because they seem very similar personalities.
9. Ashleigh & Mack from Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown- This romance wasn't needed by any means... but I would've been on board if it had happened.
10. Mara & Jamie from Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin- After finishing the series, I quickly jumped off the Mara/Noah ship. It's a NO for me. Thinking back, if I went back to the beginning, a Jamie/Mara romance could have worked.
Those are my favorite couples that didn't happen :( What topics did you guys pick for this Valentine Freebie?