Top Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim
- I separated these books into random books I picked up and already read, and books that I've just recently received from BEA last week.
1. Scripted by Maya Rock- I just randomly found this at B&N without having ever heard of it (at least I didn't remember ever hearing of it). It's really out of my normal reading subjects, but I found the premise super interesting. I ended up liking it a lot for it's different-ness.
2. Those Girls by Lauren Saft- A random BEA '15 pick-up because it was a debut and I LOVE reading authors' first books! I know I'm a black-sheep, but I loved the F out of this book.
3. Fallout (Lois Lane #1) by Gwenda Bond- A random Capstone publicist asked me if I would read this at BEA last year.... and even though I'm usually not a superhero girl, I thought why not? I just got Double Down at BEA this year, and can't wait to read it!
4. Pretenders by Lisi Harrison- This is my guilty pleasure series. I grabbed this first book at the library pretty much by accident, but then I got INVOLVED in the drama. And to whoever is in charge of these books--- THERE BETTER BE A THIRD BOOK!! I can't be left on the edge like this!
5. Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan- I picked this up at the library because I loved the cover and title. I had not ever heard one person talk about it before (or since). I freaking loved the freak out of this book. I might be the only damn one, but I don't care!!!! I'm so glad I found this book.
6. It's Not Me, It's You by Stephanie Kate Strohm- A Scholastic publicist told me about this book in the booth this year at BEA and I decided that it was up my alley. I am really glad I went to the signing because the author was super adorable and nice!! Also LOVE the cover :)
7. The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron- If you know me, then you know that I rarely read Fantasy or Sci-Fi... but this book is SO pretty!!! And since I'm trying to branch out......
8. Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin- This sounds SO weird that I just couldn't say NO to it.
9. The Romantics by Leah Konen- I saw this sitting in the Abrams booth and I just thought the cover was insanely adorable. When I went to pick it up, it was GONE.... luckily one of my BEA Roomies gave me her copy :)
10 Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse- I was at the Hachette booth getting the sequel to Wolf by Wolf and I could just tell this was one I would like :)
I can't wait to see everyone's lists because I have a feeling the books that we'll see this week won't be the usual books featured :) Have you read any of my random books?? Or plan to?