Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far
- AHHH there are SO many 2016 books that I want to read SO badly. So far I've only made the smallest dent in that pile. I have a feeling I'll be reading 2016 books for YEARS to come, but this is the best of what I've read so far (in order):
1. With Malice by Eileen Cook
- This one is going to be hard to beat. I had a blast reading this page-turning mystery (and I've been looking for a great YA Mystery for a looooong time). I definitely say give this a shot if you haven't yet. Plus, BONUS: Great Beach Book!!
2. After the Woods by Kim Savage
- This book was about friendship and dysfunction. It was creepy and smart. I LOVED it.
3. The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith
- I kind of love books that hurt my heart. This one is definitely a heart-hurter. It was hard to read because of the tough subjects, but those ones are the ones that end up feeling the most meaningful to me.
4. The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
- This book PERFECTLY mixed the funny and serious. It featured 5 teens in a pretty dire situation, but it still managed to be cute, silly, and funny while also staying true to the life-threatening position they were in.
5. The Haters by Jesse Andrews
- I loved Jesse Andrews follow-up to Me, and Earl, and the Dying Girl. It's funny, there's a ROADTRIP, and music and crazy word-vomit.... and some actual vomit as well.
6. The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas
- This book had me at the setting (Western PA) and the serial killer aspect.
7. Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
- I love that this book was so BRAVE. I'll never NOT want to read about a girl owning her sexuality.
8. Silence is Goldfish by Annabel Pitcher
- I loved that this book lived up to my giant Ketchup Clouds expectations. It's a little young feeling, but the emotions are there.
9. You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour & David Levithan
- Such a fun week-long adventure story.
10. The Leaving by Tara Altebrando
- I didn't LOVE everything about this book, but I COULD. NOT. PUT. IT. DOWN.
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES FROM THIS YEAR SO FAR??