Top Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR From Before I Started Blogging That I STILL Haven't Read
Before I blogged (way back in 2011), my reading habits were SO different.
First of all, I wasn't in the know about books coming out, or ones that were already out, or who the good authors were. 2nd-- I bought one book, I read one book. If I wanted to read, I would go to the bookstore or library, find 1 book & buy/borrow it-- then I would read it. So yeah, I wasn't a book hoarder and I didn't have a body-crushing TBR laying around. I don't really think I had any unread books laying around :( So this list is what I can think of from the way back that I had in my mind at one point, but didn't get around to reading them:
1. Feeling Sorry for Celia (Ashbury/Brookfield #1) by Jaclyn Moriarty
- I read The Year of Secret Assignments and The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie and LOVED. So once I found out it was a series (back then I just didn't know when things were series unless it was CLEARLY stated) I wanted to read the beginning of it all. I need to find time to do that (and reread the others!).
2. Freaky Green Eyes by Joyce Carol Oates
- Joyce Carol Oates = Writing Goddess. If I made a list of people I would want to write like, she would be high on that list. I first read Where are You Going, Where Have You Been (a short story) and I knew I wanted to read more by this talented woman. I read Big Mouth and Ugly Girl, but never got around to reading this one.
3. You are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry #1) by Stacey Jay
- I am all about the cute Paranormal books. This was one of those that caught my eye way back when, but I still haven't gotten to.
4. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
- I LOVE a good cult/polygamy book. Definitely got to remember this one for SOON!
5. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
- This might be the only older Sarah Dessen that I didn't read back in the 2000's.
6. Envy (Empty Coffin #1) by Gregg Olsen
- I bought this because the girl on the cover looks like the girl from The Ring, but I read the first few pages and it didn't stick with me. Maybe it will now?
7. Following Christopher Creed (Steepleton Chronicles #2) by Carol Plum-Ucci
- So I read The Body of Christopher Creed and LOVED it. But by the time I bought the sequel, I had sort of forgotten what happened in the first book. SO now I need to reread if I want to ever finish this.
8. Shine by Lauren Myracle
- Love the cover!! Love Lauren Myracle (usually), and I love Mysteries. Need to do this at some point.
9. Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Shroeder
- This is about multiple ghosts haunting multiple people & it just sounded good at the time.
10. Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian
- I wanted to read this because coming-of-age was my jam back in 2010.
What did your TBR look like before you started blogging??