Top Ten Book Club Books
- These are just some books that I think would make for really good book club discussions.
1. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis- This book is so disturbing that I can't imagine it not bring up tons of discussion points.
2. Wrecked by Maria Padian- I think sexual assault on college campus needs talked about more-- also, Richard HAS to make for some heated discussions.
3. The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith- Another sexual assault book. This one is from the victim's POV and is a lot more emotional. Definitely an important book.
4. Asking for It by Louise O'Neill- HOLY CRAP. This book blew me away and made me think about SO MUCH. I would love for my book club to read this.
6. The Light Fantastic by Sarah Combs- A very thought provoking book. It made me think a lot about life and the WHYs of depression, anger, and aggression.
7. This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp- This wasn't a fave of mine, but it's definitely a discussion-worthy book.
8. Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick- This book is kind of crazy. It's all over the place and the characters are really unlikable, but it's about obsessions, mental health, and being yourself. Also, what book clubber couldn't relate to finding a book that changes your life?
9. Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn- SO much that could be discussed. This is a book that's going to make people uncomfortable. It's not a perfect book and THINGS happen that IRKed me, but the main idea of this book is so honest and brave, and I really really want my book club to read this.
10. Delicate Monsters by Stephanie Kuehn- Stephanie Kuehn always writes books that make me feel uncomfortable. This one is about a group of sociopathic teens that are missing empathy for others.
11. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- I just think everyone should read this book. I mean, it's about cancer and it's hilarious?? How does that even work?
So which books would you put on your book club's To-Read List??