Top Ten Best Bookish Memories
1. My first time ever waiting in line at midnight for a book! It was so exciting to sign up for these books and go and wait for them to be released with all the Pott-Heads!
2. After receiving the new Harry Potter books, they would never leave my side. I would literally have it attached to me at all times until I was finished with reading it 2 times through!
3. Getting 85% through Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when Dumbledore was killed and I was seriously stunned! I put the book down and didn't read the ending for over 2 weeks. TRAUMATIZED!
4. Reading with books on tape- I have always been obsessed with reading and when no one would read to me as a child, I would go to my huge collection of books that came with cassette tapes (yes, yes this was A LONG time ago). I loved those tapes and even after I could read I would spend hours listening to them anyway.
5. Starting my blog- Ok so not truly a book memory, but my blog is bookish so I think it counts. Starting my blog has been so fun and time-consuming, and awesome! I love the blogging community and all you guys!
6. Meeting Sarah Dessen & Siobhan Vivian last month! It was SO awesome to meet S.D. because she was the main reason I came back to YA. After I read Just Listen, I knew where my true book interests were. It was also super-cool and surprising to meet Siobhan Vivian there! I didn't know she was doing the intro and there she was! I got to talk to her afterward and she is SO freaking nice!! She's definitely one of my new favs!
7. Reading Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson- this book changed my life. I can't even explain how, but I was this one person before I read it... and I was changed afterwards. Definitely one of the most powerful YA books of all-time, IMO.
8. The Shining by Stephen King- ok so long story... I got this copy of The Shining and I'm not even sure where, but there's something weird about it. I've moved quite a bit in the last 10 years and every time I move my books go into boxes and these boxes end up who knows where... well 2 separate times I've gone looking for books and ended up finding The Shining and when I picked it up pictures fell out. Pictures of little kids that I have never seen before. And no one I know has ever seen these kids before. One time it was white kids and another time it was black kids. I currently don't know where the book is, but I'm scared to find it again... where did these pictures come from? I still don't know.
9. Going to the library in Virginia when I went to visit my aunt every summer and getting TONS of Fear Street by R.L. Stine. My library at home had no Fear Street, so when I visited her I had 2 glorious weeks to read as many as I could get through!
Well that's all I got for this week... what were your best bookish memories??
Leave me your link and I'll check it out!