Top Ten Words in a Title That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
1. Diary- any title with the word diary or diaries in it and I must have it. I guess I just like to read other ppls diaries!
Examples: The Nanny Diaries, The Princess Diaries
2. List- put the word list in the title and you are guaranteed to get me interested... I must know what these lists consist of!!
Examples: Hate List, The List, The Boyfriend List
Bonus: Jessica Darling's It List #1 comes out in September and you KNOW I gotta have it!
3. The Truth About.... -any title that proclaims to have the truth about somebody or something just gets me somehow.
Examples: The Truth About Forever, The Thing About the Truth, THROWBACK: The Truth About Stacey (BSC!!!)
4. Confessions- Everyone likes to read about confessions right???
Examples: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Confessions of an Angry Girl
5. How To... -Fiction books that start with How To intrigue me.
Examples: How Not to Be Popular, How to Save a Life, How to Be Bad
6. First and Last name of a person in a title- I feel like I know the person already and I want to know more...
Examples: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door
7. Club- I've always been obsessed with clubs since I was little, so when I see a book about a club, I'm all in.
Examples: The Lonely Hearts Club, The Karma Club
8. Secrets- I must know these secrets!!!
Examples: The Secret Life of Prince Charming, The Secret Year
9. Numbers- Any title w. numbers will usually get me.
Examples: 52 Reasons to Hate My Father, Ten Things We Did (and Probably Should'nt Have)
10. _____ and the _____ - I have no clue why I like books with these titles and they're kind of hard to explain so just look at the examples.
Examples: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Anna and the French Kiss, The Ghost and the Goth
So what are your top ten words or topics that instantly make you want to read that book???