My Favorite Books to Read to My Son
Today was a Freebie Topic Day, so I decided to get away from books that I read for my own enjoyment and share with you guys the books me and my son, Cole, like to read together (he's 5).
- The Cat in the Hat & The Grinch Who Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss- Can't have a children's book list without Dr. Seuss. The Cat in the Hat was my personal #1 favorite book as a child, so I wanted to share it w/ my boy... and The Grinch is just awesome!
- The Elephant and Piggie Books by Mo Williems- These books are so cute and witty and fun. My son is mildly obsessed.
- Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion- I don't remember reading this book when I was little, but it's been around for a while, so I would think I would have. Anyhow, my son loves dogs, so this is a favorite.
- Mr. Men books by Roger Hargreaves- My son is hooked on these books! They're really fun and usually involve the characters going for walks in the woods for some reason. We own about 10 of the different guys, but I'm sure we'll be adding more soon. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Mr. Messy.
- When Charlie McButton Lost Power by Suzanne Collins- Yes Hunger Games lady wrote a kids book!! It is so darn cute too. It's about a little boy who can't play any of his electronics when the power goes out. Instead he learns to use his imagination and ends up liking it.
- Dinosaur vs. Bedtime by Bob Shea- I just like this one because SPOILER: Bedtime WINS!!
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf- A classic, and a really special book.
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi & Ron Barrett- My boy really likes this one because it cracks him up to think of food falling from the sky. The pictures in it are pretty cool too.
- Robert the Rose Horse by Joan Heilbroner- This one is a newer one for us, but we've been reading it a lot. There's a lot of sneezing in it which is fun when you're reading aloud.
- The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister- A really pretty book with a really cool lesson.
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle- This was our #1 favorite book for the longest time. We don't read it as much now because Cole is getting a little old for it, but it is an awesome book and I recommend it highly!!!
So there you have it... those are our favorite books to read at bedtime! What did you guys love to have read to you as children, or if you have kids what are their favs??