Inspired by all the blogs who do joint discussions, The Reviewers' Roundtable is our version of a weekly feature where we discuss a book related/blogging topic.
Meet the Reviewers:
Me (Michelle) from here at Pink Polka Dot Book Blog (Thursdays)
Emily from Read Your Bookcase (Fridays)
AND.... our newest member Emily from Emily's Crammed Bookshelf (Mondays)
If you like talking book stuff, we'd love to have you join our discussions! Email or Tweet me and you can totally be apart of our panel. (email@example.com or @Pinkplkadotblog)
Book to Movie.... Good or Bad?
There are SO many books that were made into movies. SO MANY!! It's hard for me to know even where to begin. I want to list like 50 movies that I really liked and like 100 that didn't live up to the book at all. But I won't do that to you! I will just list some of my favs.
The Harry Potter series
Duh... The books were better, but the movies were pretty good too. And I can't picture Harry as anyone BUT Daniel Radcliff.
Best kids book ever!! And the movie was cute too!
I liked the book a lot... but that was back when I was a softie. I don't think I would feel quite the same way if I read it today. Anyhow the movie was epic. There is no better couple than Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams in this movie!
- The Devil Wears Prada- Loved the book, Loved the movie. Meryl Streep is genius.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic- Loved the book more. The movie strayed a ton from the book, but Amy Adams was still adorable.
- The Outsiders- The book is a classic and the movie is like Who's Who of 80's actors (Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Matt Dillon, Emilio Estevez, Ralph Macchio)
- The Time Traveler's Wife- I love Rachel McAdams.
- Where the Heart Is- This was one of my favorite favorite movies when I was younger. Natalie Portman was so cute in it, I just loved her. The book wasn't as good as the movie, but it was decent.
- American Psycho- A messed up book and movie, but Christian Bale rocked this movie.
- In Her Shoes- Loved both.
- The Princess Diaries- Anne Hathaway before she became stuck-up!!! And Julie Andrews!!! The book was adorable as well. Mia & Michael forever.
- The Shining- OMG so scary!!! Movie was epic and book was creepy too.
- Girl, Interrupted- I didn't like the book at all. It was hard to understand, but the movie is one of my favs.
Alice in Wonderland
The book is cool and I am obsessed with the cartoon Disney movie of it... but the Johnny Depp movie?? Sorry guys I didn't think it lived up to the hype AT ALL.
The Lovely Bones
Ughh this movie was not good. I LOVED the book so hard and was really excited about seeing the movie... and then Mark Wahlberg completely ruined it by being the worst actor ever.
- Twilight- Didn't care for either book or movie.
- Pet Sematary- I give props to a woman directing this horror movie, as not many do in that genre, but the movie was just bad.
- The Nanny Diaries- Loved the book, wasn't feeling the movie.
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist- I liked the book a lot, but the movie.... ehh it was just ok. I really like Michael Cera and Kat Dennings, but the audio booth scene was just awkward.
So I guess I must like most movies made from books. That is not to say the books aren't better than the movies because in most cases I think they are. But I guess I can still like the movie even if it's not as great as the book.
What books to movies do you guys love or hate??