By: Jody Casella
Marshall's twin brother was killed in a car accident and he's on a mission to find a Thin Space, a place where the lining between the living and dead is thin. This way he can step through to the other side and make things right... because Marsh is carrying around secrets about the night Austin died. Then a girl moves next door into a house where Marsh is sure the Thin Space exists. As he gets closer to her and the Thin Space, he's got to decide how far he's willing to go for the living and the dead.
By: Rainbow Rowell
Cath and Wren (twins) are Simon Snow fanatics. They live and breathe the whole series obsessively. As time has gone on, Wren has grown out of her Simon Snow phase... but Cath is still into it. Then Wren decides NOT to room with Cath when they go away to college. So Cath has to go it alone and figure out how to break out of her shell, or if she even wants to.
Smoke (Burned #2)
By: Ellen Hopkins
A sequel to Burned. Pattyn Von Stratten is on the run from her Mormon community after her father's death. Meanwhile Jackie is stuck in back with their mother in the community that isolates and controls them. Pattyn is trying to start a new life in disguise, but moving on isn't as easy as just going through the motions.
By: Cristin Bishara
Ruby finds a tree that contains a wormhole to 9 different realities of her life. She can see what her present would be like if key moments of her life had gone down differently. If her mom had lived, if her best friend felt the same way about her, etc. Somewhere in here could be her ideal world. But what is she willing to give up to have what she wants?
By: Amanda Grace
16-year-old Madelyn's a smart girl... so smart that she's been allowed to take college classes through a program at her high school. On her first day she meets a guy who totally gets her. Problem is: he's her professor... and she hasn't told him she's still in high school, and underage!
By: Jo Knowles
Companion to Jumping Off Swings. We first met Josh when he got Ellie pregnant after a one-night thing. Now he's moved in with his uncle, far away from all the chaos back home. He's counting on a fresh start. But then so many things remind Josh of everything that happened last year. Doing karate with his new neighbor Stella helps, but he can't help but wonder what would happen if she found out the truth about him. And with her having a super possessive boyfriend, any feelings Josh is having for her is probably just stupid.
By: Jennifer R. Hubbard
Maggie went through some severe bullying in middle school. Even though the girls who humiliated her have moved on (and the ringleader has moved away), Maggie just can't forget... and can't help but feel that they were right to call her ugly. The only time she feels safe is when she's with her best friend Nick. And that relationship seems to be changing from a friendship to something more. But Maggie still can't help but think it's impossible for Nick to see her as anything but ugly and unlovable... and then Raleigh (the ringleader) moves back to town....
Other Books Out This Week:
- Thornhill (Hemlock #2) By: Kathleen Peacock- Sequel to Hemlock where Mac and Jason go searching for Kyle in a werewolf camp.
- Antigoddess (Goddess War #1) By: Kendare Blake- "The Goddess War begins in Antigoddess, the first installment of the new series by acclaimed author of Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake." ~Goodreads
- The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist #4) By: Rick Yancey- The finale to the Monstrumology series.
- Gold (Bandia #2) By: Talia Vance- Second book (Silver was #1) in the YA Mythological/Fantasy Bandia series.
- The Chaos of Stars By: Kiersten White- Really pretty cover on this YA Fantasy about a girl who is the human daughter of Egyptian Gods.
- Rogue (Croak #3) By: Gina Damico- Last book in the Paranormal Trilogy
- Monsters (Ashes Trilogy #3) By: Ilsa J. Bick- "With this final volume of The Ashes Trilogy, Ilsa J. Bick delivers a riveting, blockbuster finish, returning readers to a brutal, post-apocalyptic world where no one is safe and hope is in short supply." ~Goodreads
- The Waking Dark By: Robin Wasserman- A YA Horror/Thriller about a town where a few people inexplicably kill their friends and neighbors one day. This leads to the unleashing of a darkness in the town that 5 people have hope of saving themselves from.
- Rose Under Fire (Code Name Verity) By: Elizabeth Wein- YA Historical Fiction about a woman pilot who gets shot down and taken to a concentration camp during WWII.
- Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy #1) By: Ilsa Madden-Mills- New Adult Contemporary Romance.
- Open Mic: Rifs on Life Between Cultures in Ten Voices By: Various YA Authors- "Using humor as the common denominator, a multicultural cast of YA authors steps up to the mic to share stories touching on race." ~Goodreads
- Homicidal Aliens and Other Disappointments By: Brian Yansy
- More Than This By: Patrick Ness- A boy dies and wakes up completely alone in an English town where he lived as a child. As he wanders around the abandoned town and relives vivid memories, he wonders if this is really all there is?
- Little Red Lies By: Julie Johnston- A YA Historical Fiction set in post WWII.
- Death of a King By: Andrew H. Vanderwal- A YA Historical Fiction involving time-travel in Scotland and an adventure to find missing parents.
- Cherry Money Baby By: John M. Cusack- A small town girl befriends a starlet and her life changes forever.
- Friday Never Leaving By: Vikki Wakefield- A YA about a girl who begins living on the streets after her mom dies of cancer.
September is such a good month for books!! I'm all about Thin Space, Fangirl, Relativity... and Until it Hurts to Stop (mainly because I LOVED both of Jennifer R. Hubbard's previous books). What about you? What are you obsessing over this week??