Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show
(You know, if people who make movies and TV shows based on books didn't ruin them)
Books that would make awesome movies or Lifetime movies:
- The Night She Disappeared By: April Henry- I think this one would make a cool psychological thriller movie.
- My Life Next Door By: Huntley Fitzpatrick- I would love to see the Jase/Sam relationship on the big screen. Plus all those Garretts running around would be cool to see.
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children By: Ransom Riggs- Kind of a cheat because it is becoming a movie (directed by Tim Burton)... but even though I wasn't in love with the book when I read it, I knew then it would definitely work better as a movie.
- Lock & Key By: Sarah Dessen- I love Sarah Dessen's characters and would love to see more of them come to life. Lock and Key seems like it has a big enough plot to become a movie (or Just Listen).
- 52 Reasons to Hate My Father By: Jessica Brody- So needs to be a Lifetime or Disney Channel/ABCFamily movie!!
- Hate List By: Jennifer Brown- It has all the makings of a Lifetime movie. It's about the aftermath of a school shooting and the shooter's girlfriend coming to grips with what took place and feeling like everyone's blaming her. Totally Lifetime!
- Keep Holding On By: Susane Colasanti- I think this would work for a Lifetime movie bc it's about bullying and Lifetime likes to make "issues" movies.
- After By: Amy Efaw- How is this not a Lifetime movie already?? It's freaking perfect for Lifetime.
- One Moment By: Kristina McBride- This book is about a teen who dies, but his girlfriend finds out that maybe he wasn't worthy of the pedestal she had him up on. Hello.... SO Lifetime. Plus there's amnesia, which is like a Lifetime staple.
Books that would make cool TV series:
- I Hunt Killers By: Barry Lyga- Wouldn't a TV series following the son of a serial killer solving serial murders be cool?? It would be like YA Criminal Minds!
- The Ghost and the Goth By: Stacey Kade- LOVE the idea of this as a TV series! A outcast boy who can see ghosts and is trying to help a popular dead girl that he hated in real life? So many possibilities. Plus the book series talked about a society of people that can communicate with ghosts, which could take this in a whole other direction.
- Secret for a Song By: S.K. Falls- I think it would be cool to have a TV series with a M/C who has Munchausen.
- Ashfall By: Mike Mullin- I think a TV series about people trying to survive after the Yellowstone supervolcano blows would be awesome... and scary!
- Bittersweet By: Sarah Ockler- This could be made into the cutest ABCFamily series!! A girl who secretly wants to go back to competitive skating while working in her mom's diner and running a cupcake business. I think it could definitely work.
I don't read a ton of fantasy, so I think I'm at a little bit of a disadvantage this week. There are so many creative worlds in YA fantasies that could make AMAZING movies... I just don't read them so.... Anyway, I'm excited to see what you guys think!