Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (January 7th) I'm one of them :)
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2014
1. Read at least 80 books- I usually aspire to read 100, but it hasn't worked out for the last 2 years. This year I'm curbing my expectations. 80 sounds do-able.
2. BEA 2014- It's been my goal since I started blogging and I'm actually going there this year!!! I've never even been to NYC, so I'm pretty pumped.
3. Grow my blog- I want to do more personable posts... and I have a lot of ideas. So here's to a 2014 where my personality comes through a little more on here :)
4. Self-Host- I'm not sure if I want to go to WordPress or what, but I want to lose the .blogspot.com this year.
5. Go to more book signings- I'm not sure who is coming to Pittsburgh this year... but if there are YA authors coming here, I'm going to be there. I'd also like to go to the Baltimore Book Festival cause one of my BFF's lives right in Inner Harbor.
6. Book Club- I joined a really cool YA book club IRL a few months ago and I really really like it!! In 2014 my goal is to go to as many of their events as I can.
Other Non-Bookish Goals:
7. Get a job in my field- I graduated college in August and like I said in an earlier post, I've been pretty insecure about sending out resumes. I need to stop stressing about interviews and just do them.
8. Get on a better sleep schedule- I'm a night owl, and if allowed I will stay up all night and sleep all day. I really need to fix that.
9. Eat Healthier- No I'm not going to all organic and vegan and all crazy, that's just never going to be me. I would just like to not eat out as much (because I'm lazy), and when I do cook I want to cook more chicken/turkey and less beef.
10. Get my son eating SOMETHING besides chicken nuggets- my son is the pickiest eater ever. No seriously, like ever. I tried to get him into therapy, but my insurance won't pay for it... so in 2014 my goal is to either figure out a way to fix the insurance issue, or just really try to get through to him myself (which is practically impossible).
I love a clean slate, and I know that the new year is really just a state of mind, but I just like the idea of being able to start over if you want to. So what are your Bookish/NonBookish goals for 2014??