Ten Twelve All Time Favorite Elementary Chapter Books
1. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner- Oh the boxcar kids. I used to wish I lived near a railroad so I could find an abandoned boxcar to play house in.
2. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume- This might have been my favorite book in elementary school. Judy Blume is just too good!!
3. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White- 3rd Grade Sobfest.
4. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Peterson- 5th Grade Sobfest.
5. Bunnicula by Deborah & James Howe- A Vampire Bunny?? Could anything be cooler?
6. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett- A favorite of my mom's and it became a favorite of mine :)
7. Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald- A silly fun book about a silly woman.
8. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary- Scary cover!! But awesome book!!
9. Witch's Sister by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor- I LOVED this series so hard!!
10. The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren Wright- This book gave me nightmares. But I still loved it.
11. Girl Talk by L.E. Blair- Many a night was spent with a flashlight under the covers reading this series. Plus I was an "official member" of the Girl Talk Club.
12. Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish- This book made me LOL. I got annoyed with her, but she was still fun for a 3rd grader!!
Almost made the list: Encyclopedia Brown, Anastasia Krupnik, Shiloh, The Indiana in the Cupboard
So those were my Fav. Elementary Throwbacks. What genre did you pick this week?