Here's what books I see in my August future:
Yolo by Lauren Myracle
- So I read the other Internet Girls books- ttyl, ttfn, l8r g8r. They were cute and fun and young... and guilty pleasures for me. The last book came out 7 YEARS AGO!! I'm really curious to see what made Ms. Myracle write another book after so long! And I'm also curious about seeing the winsome threesome in college.
- Pub. Date- 8/26/2014
Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent #3) by Barry Lyga
- I just got approved to read this book TODAY!! And even though it doesn't come out until September, I really can't wait to read it! I loved I Hunt Killers, and I loved Game (the 2nd book) even more! Game ended on 2 (and maybe even 3) cliffhangers... and I MUST know what's going to happen to Jazz, Connie, Howie, Dear Old Dad, the aunt, and Grandma Dent!!
- Pub Date- 9/9/2014
Random by Tom Leveen
- So I love books about bullying and books by Tom Leveen, so obviously this has been on my TBR for a while!! It comes out soon and I can't wait to buy it :) If you haven't read Party or Zero, you really should (oh yeah and that reminds me I still need to read Manicpixiedreamgirl and Sick).
- Pub Date- 8/12/2014
Ghosting by Edith Pattou
- This was a random pick for me. I saw that awesome title, read the blurb, and felt like it was a ME book. I love books with multiple POVs. Especially if I'm expecting it right off the bat. Also I like verse books and want to try more of them out.
- Pub Date- 8/19/2014
Starry Night by Isabel Gillies
- The cover is BEAUTIFUL, IMO. I've been wanting to read a sweet, cute romance book that isn't annoying or icky and I'm hoping this one is it (sort of like The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight or My Life Next Door). Could this be a new YA Romance Favorite??? I hope!!!
- Pub Date- 9/2/2014
Some Boys by Patty Blount
- Gut-wrenching?? Okay, I'm in!! I love books that cover deep issues. Books that hurt your heart. That's all me!! I'm not big into sexual assault books, but I will read the ones I think look like they're going to do a good job with it. I hope this is one of those books!!
- Pub Date- 8/5/2014
A mix of already released and books coming out soon. Hope to get to these ASAP!!
- Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas- I loved Dangerous Girls!! It was addicting and crazy! I can't wait to see what this standalone sequel has up it's sleeve!
- Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson- I really need to read this! I haven't read any books by this author yet and I don't know why. I met Morgan at BEA and she was SO nice. I'm moving this up to high priority.
- I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson- A new Jandy Nelson book!!! I loved The Sky is Everywhere... I mean HELLO, Joe Fontaine anyone?? So yes, I will read this book soon.
- Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid- I love roadtrip books and I loved meeting this author in New York. The buzz around this book has been exciting, so I want to read it and see for myself what this is all about.
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- Most. Anticipated. Book. Of. 2014. Seriously this book is wanted by everybody in the book world, which obviously includes me. I can't wait to read it!
- Paper Towns by John Green- An older book that I haven't read yet. I know!!! My book club is reading this for August, so I am going to finally get to it!
So that is what is in my reading future :) Have you read any of these?? If not, do you want to? What books are you seeing for yourself for August?